OP
OP
Max Blais

Max Blais

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that some lps like torch can tolerate a lot of flow... but im my case when the flow hit the front glass and come back at the rock, the whole front structure is constently getting blasted without any "waving" motion.. i will update when i get the nemguard this friday. Right now everything is pretty happy with the feed mode and return flow. I would just like to get small bump in flow sometimes to help with the deadzones. Thanks everyone for you inputs.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a large NEM guard on it. Also, consider using tidal flow or lagoon rather than reef crest mode. I use tidal flow and I prefer it. You should be able to go down to 10 to 20 percent no problem. Great current and less stress on the pumps. Also, consider positioning the pump midway.

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you. I run sps, tried two opposing pumps in Anti sync at 40% reef crest. So much turbulence in the center the acros would lose flesh after feeding (they extend their filaments to eat, the current would catch them, and they'd lose flesh). I currently run one at a time throughout the day at 40% reef crest. Seeing how this goes.

If you believe everyone on here/in the hobby, you need a boat engine to get enough flow. Trust your gut on some things. I spent countless hours researching because it couldn't be the flow... sps tanks can easily handle 80-120% tank turnover blah blah blah. This is not true for new frags!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back