MP40 Legacy Update

Schoepsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I just bought 2 second hand MP40 which got the green RF module built in, but I just replaced both of them for the black one. After the change I finally found them in the mobius App, but every time I try to update it it disconnects after about 5 seconds saying that the update failed. Then I have to turn bluetooth off and on, or reopen the app until I can see the pumps in the app again. It´s the same thing on both pumps.
I already did a couple factory resets, went into airplane mode, restarted my phone and sold my soul to the dark lord, but nothing worked so far.

As all google results I found so far ended in a miracle or silence I´d kindly ask you if you got any more tips for me?

OP
OP
S

Schoepsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havent had any problems with it. All mine were newer pumps though
Have you read the docs on EcoTechs site?
https://support.ecotechmarine.com/h...273-ESL-to-Mobius-Comprehensive-Upgrade-Guide
It sounds like you are doing the right things but I think order matters a lot.
already went through all that ecotech offers on their site regarding upgrade, including their video tutorial, but is simply doesn´t work as they are showing.

I tried a couple things, but one way I´m doing it was the following:

factory reset on pump
unplug it
Restart phone
starting airplane mode
activating bluetooth and Wifi
plug in the pump
open mobius
search for legacy pumps
click on the pump
click update

then it will start loading for around 5 seconds and will notify that the update failed
I already tried a couple times without steps like airplane mode and reset, but it doesn´t even start the update

OP
OP
S

Schoepsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you make the changes in the privacy settings on your phone and location services?
Yes, I´m also in contact with ecotech support at the moment.
I cleared bluetooth cache and memory, same with mobius app. after that restarted my phone, opened up the app, gave it all the rights once again (data, media and location and even microphone. there are no other options in the app settings that I could give rights to) and still no luck

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I am no help. All of mine were mobius capable, but some did firmware updates but they all worked fine. I am on IOS though.

OP
OP
S

Schoepsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that gave me a hard time, I tried like three times and it worked finally, I ended up setting the phone right next to the controller.
already tried like 30 times with each pump :( I´m gonna try with IOS tomorrow, maybe it´s the phone

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back