MP40 power supply inconsistent information

  • Thread starter Thread starter CEReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CEReefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2019
Messages
589
Reaction score
317
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have 2 MP40s, they both have a powerbrick that specify 32v, but on the quietdrive manual, it saya that it has a in-line 24v input, or a battery 12v input.
Between 24 and 32 there is quite a difference. Any idea which one is the real need? I am trying to consolidate power supplies by creating an enclosure, and having everything at 24v would simplify a lot!
 
The new QD drivers (black color) run at 32V but also can at 24V (the total gallons output will be reduced). The old drivers (white color) only run at 24V.

Hope this help with your question.
 
Can you run 24v to the emergency backup cable too?
 
Can you run 24v to the emergency backup cable too?
I don't think you can do that, the battery backup plug on the vortech driver controller is designed to receive 12 VDC, this is the operating power coming from the vortech battery backups during an emergency.

That this plug also can operate at 24VDC is unknow to me, but I will not try that :) .
 
External relay switch DPDT 32v when on and 24v when poer is off would work at a lower flow to the primary port. I am not recommending it though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new