MP40 Vortech

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to go into feed mode without having to add it to my current schedule using the app?

Only way I see is to add it to my current mode on the app then delete when I’m done. Maybe I’m missing something. Thanks

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to go into feed mode without having to add it to my current schedule using the app?

Only way I see is to add it to my current mode on the app then delete when I’m done. Maybe I’m missing something. Thanks
Yes you can create a scene in Mobius. I will create some screen shots with instructions if you desire,

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great thanks, but before you do you aren’t talking about the attached pic are you? Then click edit and add to what I already have set.

Attachments

• IMG_4018.png
    IMG_4018.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 21

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great thanks, but before you do you aren’t talking about the attached pic are you? Then click edit and add to what I already have set.
No. You want to create a scene. First a few questions. Do you have a Vectra for your return pump? If so did you calibrate the low speed to where there is only a trickle of water coming out of the return? Also, if you have one do you want to shut it down?
How many Vortech pumps do you have? Do you want to keep the Vortech's running the mode you have set when you go into feed mode or do you want to slow down the Vortech pump or pumps? I need this info so you can set it up properly. You will be able to edit it to operate differently if you desire at a later time/date.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. You want to create a scene. First a few questions. Do you have a Vectra for your return pump? If so did you calibrate the low speed to where there is only a trickle of water coming out of the return? Also, if you have one do you want to shut it down?
How many Vortech pumps do you have? Do you want to keep the Vortech's running the mode you have set when you go into feed mode or do you want to slow down the Vortech pump or pumps? I need this info so you can set it up properly. You will be able to edit it to operate differently if you desire at a later time/date.
No vectra

1 Vortech

I thought the point of feed mode was to slow it down? Maybe I’m wrong

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused. If temporary and you want to use buttons you can do that.
If you want it temporary you can use app and make it a new tank you can.
If temporary and you want it to work with the others then you can add it to them
Not sure what your looking to do

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vectra

1 Vortech

I thought the point of feed mode was to slow it down? Maybe I’m wrong
Feed mode can be set up to control Vectra's and Vortech's. Myself I shut down my Vectra return pump so no food goes into the overflow but I keep my Vortech's running because my fish like to chase the food which is natural for them. This can be all done in scenes.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused. If temporary and you want to use buttons you can do that.
If you want it temporary you can use app and make it a new tank you can.
If temporary and you want it to work with the others then you can add it to them
Not sure what your looking to do
I believe it sounds like he wants to turn off or slow down the MP40 but I have not received that answer from him yet.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it sounds like he wants to turn off or slow down the MP40 but I have not received that answer from him yet.
Yes that is correct but I can only seem to do it by adding to the pic I showed above which does t make sense to me because what if I’m not home a the time I have it in my current mode schedule.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I can figure out how to add it is in the pic below but if it’s set for let’s say 4-5 and I’m not home I have to change it, must be another way.

Attachments

• IMG_4019.png
    IMG_4019.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 21

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I can figure out how to add it is in the pic below but if it’s set for let’s say 4-5 and I’m not home I have to change it, must be another way.
Last question before I give you the instructions. Are you home when you feed or are you using an auto feeder? I ask this because the scenes require you to activate it on your phone when ready to feed.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last question before I give you the instructions. Are you home when you feed or are you using an auto feeder? I ask this because the scenes require you to activate it on your phone when ready to feed.
Home no auto feeder.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home no auto feeder.
Great, so here it is: Open the Mobius App. There is a tringle on the right in the tank name header, press it. You should see 2 icons. One is Live Demo and the other is feed mode. If you have this then select the Edit icon. You will see Feed Mode listed, press it. This is where you will set the duration of the feed mode. Enter the time you want. On that same screen you will see VorTech under Available Device Settings. Select VorTech. If the VorTech is not highlighted already select it and select your MP40. You may need to scroll the page to see it. Now you can select what mode by scrolling left or right and then set the speed you want the pump to run at and press done. For now you can activate feed mode by selecting the triangle on the main screen and selecting feed mode. I can show you how to add a Widget to the main screen which will allow you to select feed mode on the main screen instead of going to the Scenes screen if you want. I actually just go to the screens scene because I have 6 scenes.
You can test the feed mode after you set it up by selecting feed mode then instead of letting it run the feed duration you set you can cancel it by pressing the timer that shows up on the main screen. When you select feed mode it will automatically take you to the main screen so you will see the timer counting down.
Let me know if you have any questions and when you get it working.
Screenshot_20231101_192402_Mobius.jpg

Screenshot_20231101_184148_Mobius.jpg
Screenshot_20231101_184148_Mobius.jpg
Screenshot_20231101_184159_Mobius.jpg
Screenshot_20231101_184215_Mobius.jpg
Screenshot_20231101_184950_Mobius.jpg

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff and yeah would love the widget thanks so much, I assume after the time I set it returns to my schedule ie reef mode or whatever ?

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see in the one pic spot feed where do I find that and what the heck is coral snow?

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured out how to add the widget to main screen so once I do I just hit that widget to go into feed mode and after the duration it will go back to reef mode which is what I run in?

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured out how to add the widget to main screen so once I do I just hit that widget to go into feed mode and after the duration it will go back to reef mode which is what I run in?
Correct.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the heck is coral snow? I see that as one of your widgets this thing is pretty cool.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see in the one pic spot feed where do I find that and what the heck is coral snow?
When you get to the edit screen you will see a + icon. Press it and you will see an icon called custom. Select it and it will show up on the edit screen. Then you can select the new custom and do the same steps. You will see you can also change the icon and name it whatever you want.
Coral Snow is a flocculant that binds to particles in the water and makes the particles a little bigger so your filter system whether socks, skimmer or fleece roller has a better chance to collect the particles. Makes your water crystal clear. At least it does on mine. I sometimes also add a little MB7 to the flocculant. I do this after stirring up the sand and scrapping the glass. I use a DIY flocculant that I found on this site.
Are you all set up? Is it working?

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back