OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal when I added the feed mode widget it put a blank one underneath
When you get to the edit screen you will see a + icon. Press it and you will see an icon called custom. Select it and it will show up on the edit screen. Then you can select the new custom and do the same steps. You will see you can also change the icon and name it whatever you want.
Coral Snow is a flocculant that binds to particles in the water and makes the particles a little bigger so your filter system whether socks or fleece roller has a better chance to collect the particles. Makes your water crystal clear. At least it does on mine. I sometimes also add a little MB7 to the flocculant. I do this after stirring up the sand and scrapping the glass. I use a DIY flocculant that I found on this site.
Are you all set up? Is it working?
i think I’m good I’ll play around with it never knew it had so many features. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4020.png
    IMG_4020.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the spot feed widget you created and gave it that name it’s not something that’s already in the app, when I hit the + sign it made a widget called Gracie, haha

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a reason why when I created the feed widget it put a blank one under it? See pic.

Attachments

• IMG_4020.png
    IMG_4020.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 22

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal when I added the feed mode widget it put a blank one underneath

i think I’m good I’ll play around with it never knew it had so many features. Thanks
Looks like you got it.
Here is the thread about the Flocculant.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the spot feed widget you created and gave it that name it’s not something that’s already in the app, when I hit the + sign it made a widget called Gracie, haha
You can rename it.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytome I add a widget to main screen it puts a blank one under it?

Attachments

• IMG_4021.png
    IMG_4021.png
    390.7 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a feed mode widget and it did the same thing. Strange.
And it you delete the blank one it takes the feed one with it. When I created a custom one called spot feed it did the same thing added a blank one under it.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytome I add a widget to main screen it puts a blank one under it?
Same with me. I think it may have to do with if you have Ecotech lights. Maybe so you have an on off capability. Not sure though. I don't think it is a big deal but you can submit a ticket to Ecotech if it is an issue for you.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with me. I think it mat have to do with if you have Ecotech lights. Maybe so you have an on off capability. Not sure though. I don't think it is a big deal but you can submit a ticket to Ecotech if it is an issue for you.
What’s the resume schedule icon do?

Attachments

• IMG_4022.jpeg
    IMG_4022.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 19

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it you delete the blank one it takes the feed one with it. When I created a custom one called spot feed it did the same thing added a blank one under it.
What’s the resume schedule icon do?
If you make a change to your modes, lets say a speed change to Reef Crest It goes into Live Demo for 30sec. Pressing Resume schedule will cancel the Live Demo. IMO a worthless Icon. You will see the Live Demo Timer countdown on the main screen. Resume Schedule bypasses the timer.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok yeah I’ve seen live demo no clue what it meant or did

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok yeah I’ve seen live demo no clue what it meant or did
Why I think it is a worthless Icon is IMO when you make a change, at least for me, it takes longer than 30secs to see the results of the change when observing flow patterns. It may function differently for lights though.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve you sent k know alot about this unit what is your everyday schedule like, right now I go majority of the time reef a small bit nutrient curious as to what you do.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve you sent k know alot about this unit what is your everyday schedule like, right now I go majority of the time reef a small bit nutrient curious as to what you do.
About a month ago I gave away my SPS corals and now I am strictly running a LPS and Softie Tank. I used to run Reef Crest and Short Pulse when I had SPS in the tank. Now I am running Lagoon and Short Pulse. A also purchased some custom made adjustable deflectors for the Vortech's to replace the Nem Guards I purchased from BRS And I am very happy with them. They are adjustable from 40-90 degrees in 12 increments and of course the guard can be rotated.
Screenshot_20231101_211709_Mobius.jpg Screenshot_20231101_211754_Mobius.jpg 20230916_111341.jpg 20230916_111414.jpg

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you are curious, I retired early 3yrs ago which is also how long my tank has been up and running and I have had a lot of time to play around with Mobius and the Vortech's. In the early days I found a few issues with the Vortech's Gyre Mode and Ecotech sent me OS updates to see if issue was fixed. So basically I Beta tested the fixes before they were made public. 18mo ago I submitted a recommendation and they thought it was a great idea but said it would be a few months before they could get to it and unfortunately somehow they dropped the ball either due to personnel changes are because of the merger. Anyways, I just re-submitted the request yesterday and we will see what happens. Below is the request to Ecotech:

"18mo ago I talked with Jaden Ziner about the possibility of a low speed modification to the MP40's and MP60's along with a Mobius update to support the speeds. See Request #558651 for his reply which implied engineering thought it was a great idea and would get to it in a couple months due to being busy. It has been 18mo with no update. Being a retired electrical engineer with a PLC programming background, what I am asking for would be a big improvement of the Vortech/Mobius package and to be honest, it should not be that difficult of a change. We are only talking a VorTech controller firmware/OS upgrade and new additions to the Mobius App.
Because it has been so long since my original request I will explain again.
What I am requesting is that the low speeds of the MP40's and MP60's be lowered to 1000GPH or even lower. I know they can go lower because the feed mode onto the timeline can go lower than the advertised low speed of the pumps. IMO 500GPH would be even better. To accommodate this in Mobius, it is requested that a minimum speed slide bar be added to the screen where there is already a max speed slide bar. This would be especially beneficial for the Lagoon and Reef Crest Modes and there is plenty of space on the Mobius screen for this extra min speed slide bar next to the maximum speed. Maybe not so much for the other modes.
My reasoning for this request is if you have a long tank, and mine is 7ft long, as it stands right now it is impossible to push water from one side of the the tank to even close to the other side unless you are above 90% which in a lot of cases will blast the corals with laminar flow which is not normally desired. What this new modification will allow is in Lagoon, Reef Crest and possibly Gyre mode, while in Master ( Parent ) and Slave ( Child ), it will allow you to set a minimum speed and maximum speed to where when one side speeds up and the opposite slows down you can adjust the speeds to your tank length dimensions to be able to push water further down the tank allowing you to achieve a turbulent flow a further distance. As it stands now, on longer tanks the flows tend to meet in the middle and maybe a little past the middle of the tank depending on the maximum speed setting.
I am willing to Beta test this modification if you so desire before making it public.
If or when made public I would recommend that the initial minimum speed slide bar be at a default speed of the advertised low speed of the associated Vortech i.e. MP60 minimum default speed set to 3600GPH. That way it will not interfere with other users settings".

Best Regards,

Steve

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting, I se there was a new mode added recently, various speed or something like that not looking at it right now.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting, I se there was a new mode added recently, various speed or something like that not looking at it right now.
Just looked. No new modes added. If your talking Transition Mode that has always been there. Transition Mode can be used if your running multiple modes you can put a Transition Mode in between them and set one of the three options available for how it transitions from one mode to the other. At least that's the way I understand it.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked. No new modes added. If your talking Transition Mode that has always been there. Transition Mode can be used if your running multiple modes you can put a Transition Mode in between them and set one of the three options available for how it transitions from one mode to the other. At least that's the way I understand it.
Yeah it is transition mode but it was never in my list before just showed up the other day

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back