MSB’s “Can it be done?”

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many of you know, we all get the urge to upgrade. And that urge has hit me hard. I have been saving for awhile now, and selling off gear. I now have $4500 for a new tank!
I have some ideas about what I want and I have been looking at some options for tanks including Red Sea and custom aquariums. I am looking for a rimless tank, over 150 gallons total volume, with a stand and sump and lights that look really good and seamless. I know it can be done, the question is how and with what parts!
I would love some help putting this amazing tank and build thread together!
Thanks for input!

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump can easily be a 40 breeder customized to your needs, and for lighting it is hard to beat the sleakness of an ATI sunpower or giessman t5 setup hanging over a rimless tank! (also likely cheaper to light than say using LED's)

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been looking at the Red Sea 650 reefer because I really like the peninsula style and also love the facet that all I would need is a skimmer, lights, and a return pump- I like LEDs because of the shimmer and I can always add T5’s to supplement

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been looking at the Red Sea 650 reefer because I really like the peninsula style and also love the facet that all I would need is a skimmer, lights, and a return pump- I like LEDs because of the shimmer and I can always add T5’s to supplement
If LED's are more your fancy, I am EXTREMELY pleased with my GHL Mitras's

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back