Multi Tank Reef Stocking Idea?

drosie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2 tank setup with common sump. I have a 150g 6ft long tank and a Reefer 450 92g 5ft tank. They go to a common 45g sump with 40W UV, oversized skimmer, fuge, and marine pure spheres and block. I am running a carbon reactor currently and have another reactor to run gfo or biopellets as well. I am looking for some stocking ideas... this is some of my plan but I am very open to ideas. Interested in mixed reef for both with a light load of SPS.

On the 92g Mixed Reef
Current Inhabitants
Large Sebae Anemone
BTA (Hosted by pair of large lightning maroons) Probably relocate the anemone and rock with them to larger tank
Rose Pink Urchin
Turbo Snails
Hermits

I was thinking of adding
Royal Gamma
Banggai Cardinal
Mandarin Goby (Down the Line when pods are more established)
A pair of True Percula Clownfish (I have a large sebae anemone hoping they will host)
Starry Blenny

For the 150 I was tempted to do a predator reef
Snowflake or Zebra Moray
Dwarf Lionfish
Bluejaw trigger
Magnificent Foxface
Harlequin tusk
Regal Tang
My Relocated Maroon Clowns

Inverts I have no idea because of the preadatory nature of some of these guys...

OP
OP
D

drosie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I hear not the friendliest fish on the block. I figure with some other big personality he may subdue himself a little

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2 tank setup with common sump. I have a 150g 6ft long tank and a Reefer 450 92g 5ft tank. They go to a common 45g sump with 40W UV, oversized skimmer, fuge, and marine pure spheres and block. I am running a carbon reactor currently and have another reactor to run gfo or biopellets as well. I am looking for some stocking ideas... this is some of my plan but I am very open to ideas. Interested in mixed reef for both with a light load of SPS.

On the 92g Mixed Reef
Current Inhabitants
Large Sebae Anemone
BTA (Hosted by pair of large lightning maroons) Probably relocate the anemone and rock with them to larger tank
Rose Pink Urchin
Turbo Snails
Hermits

I was thinking of adding
Royal Gamma
Banggai Cardinal
Mandarin Goby (Down the Line when pods are more established)
A pair of True Percula Clownfish (I have a large sebae anemone hoping they will host)
Starry Blenny

For the 150 I was tempted to do a predator reef
Snowflake or Zebra Moray
Dwarf Lionfish
Bluejaw trigger
Magnificent Foxface
Harlequin tusk
Regal Tang
My Relocated Maroon Clowns

Inverts I have no idea because of the preadatory nature of some of these guys...
Honestly, IMO the triggerfish needs atleast a 7’ long tank because they get big and are very active. The regal tang in a 6’ tank sounds like hell to me, they get 1’ and are VERY aggressive and active fish so I would say either keep one until 5” then swap it for another regal and keep doing that or ignore the whole idea of a regal and instead go for a smaller tang (Ctenochaetus, smaller Zebrasomas, the smallest Acanthurus tangs can fit in that sort of tank, e.g. A. triostegus - Convict tang) - Regal tangs NEED Atleast an 8’ tank, and I would say that any tang that can get to 1’+ needs a good 8’ tank to swim in
I think the 4’ is alright - Just be careful because if an anemone catches one of the fish then that anemone has had a lovely meal. Specifically, anemones tend to go for slower moving fish, E.g. mandarins.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back