OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a beautiful multibar. Congratulations.

I love that fish. I have tried it three times and none of them made it through the quarantine.
Im sorry to hear that, they are definitely a tricky fish, i hope you have better look in the future if you try again. There are some captive bred ones from time to time which may give you better luck in keeping them.

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry to hear that, they are definitely a tricky fish, i hope you have better look in the future if you try again. There are some captive bred ones from time to time which may give you better luck in keeping them.
Do you know who's breeding them? They're an absolute bucket list fish for me, and I strongly prefer CB fish.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know who's breeding them? They're an absolute bucket list fish for me, and I strongly prefer CB fish.
Seems to have been bali aquarich, though it wouldnt surprise me if biota does also

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to have been bali aquarich, though it wouldnt surprise me if biota does also
Thanks! That's great news. Hopefully healthy CB specimens will become more widely available.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That's great news. Hopefully healthy CB specimens will become more widely available.
Yea me too, i dont believe they are overly expenisve, though still about double the price of a wild one. Saw someone on another forum say they went for £150 in the UK, so not too bad compared to some other CB angels

Montagne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Angel_Anthias lover, do you know what region your multibar came from? I just lost mine (excuse me while I go cry) after having it for 3 months and am now wondering if the maldives/indonesia survivability adage has more to do with collection techniques than initial feeding pickiness.

Glad to see yours was still doing well as of your last update. Thanks

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry i really dont know where mine came from, all i can gather from the whole salers website is the western Pacific. They do sell melanesian yellow band multibars too, or at least thats where they claim theyre from, and possibly they have better collection techniques, but i cant say.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back