Multiple dwarf angels in one tank?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Venustus, multifasciatus and boylei are all on the wish list however my one of my LFS asked me if I want boylei or to finish building my Buick...
I’d go boylei and hope the bills don’t disagree if you have the money.

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d go boylei and hope the bills don’t disagree if you have the money.
Boylei is $20g

Unexpected additions! Walked into one of the LFS today as this is the only one who cultures shrooms. I came home with these two guys! One C. Fisheri(or flavicauda?) and one C. Loricula. Was not expecting to find these but I wanted fisheri and she wanted the flame... We really shouldn't go shopping together!
If you're wondering what the algae is, it's codium. The angel was living in a tank full of it. I have a bunch in the sump and it's nice as it feeds the rabbit and surgeons.

Check back later as I'll be posting a very extended video of the aquarium.
IMG_20211031_150607397.jpg
IMG_20211031_150614956.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boylei is $20g

Unexpected additions! Walked into one of the LFS today as this is the only one who cultures shrooms. I came home with these two guys! One C. Fisheri(or flavicauda?) and one C. Loricula. Was not expecting to find these but I wanted fisheri and she wanted the flame... We really shouldn't go shopping together!
If you're wondering what the algae is, it's codium. The angel was living in a tank full of it. I have a bunch in the sump and it's nice as it feeds the rabbit and surgeons.

I’m jealous, I’d love an Angel but I’m planning for an Indonesian tank - Mainly because my dream fish is an Achilles x Goldrim hybrid and since goldrims tend to be found around Indonesia I may aswell try to get most of my fish from Indonesia - The odd one or two “Tourists” because I would assume that some hybrids can be found around there (Swimming with the goldrims).

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m jealous, I’d love an Angel but I’m planning for an Indonesian tank - Mainly because my dream fish is an Achilles x Goldrim hybrid and since goldrims tend to be found around Indonesia I may aswell try to get most of my fish from Indonesia - The odd one or two “Tourists” because I would assume that some hybrids can be found around there (Swimming with the goldrims).
Apolemichthys. Griffisi, Centropyge. Aurantius, C. Eibli, C. Nox, Chaetodontoplus. melanosoma, C. Mesoleucus, are your Indo angels

WCoch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS recently brought in several dwarf angels, two of which are in the same tank. They have a Bicolor, an eibli and several cherubs. The eibli and bicolor are being housed together already. The eibli is the largest at around 2.5 in with the bicolor the same size as the cherubs.

I have corals(mostly shrooms and zoos) but the real concern is my other fish. I have a 7+" scribbled rabbit, same size pink tail trigger, sailing surgeon, Atlantic blue surgeon and mated pair of Bella gobies. I roll a 220g currently (monster planned but years away due to new construction needed).

I've had dwarfs like cherubs in previous years but never multiples. I am not in the market to start a cage match so I'd like to hear some advice on this.
I’ve had success in multiple tanks maintains multiple dwarf angels. Preferably 75gals and above as they are quite the grazers, and basically just need their space so they don’t become too territorial. My favorite is the Potters.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say an Angel - I have a “large” Angel but a Centropyge or something around that size doesn’t sound too bad

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. The whitetail already claimed a rock and just went circles with the rusty about it. The flame is trying to hang out with the big boys in their giant cave...it looked like the kid brother trying to hang with his highschool sibling.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boylei is $20g

Let me know how the fishers gets along with the rest. I have a chance to buy one, and they are pretty unique so I’m looking forward to seeing how yours does.

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how the fishers gets along with the rest. I have a chance to buy one, and they are pretty unique so I’m looking forward to seeing how yours does.
Unfortunately I think that I have flavicauda and not fisheri. The LFS had it listed as just pygmy angel so that's what I typed in to my search. Apparently, several pictures of the whitetail are also listed as fisheri. Oh well, it's a cool and stand up fish as it already went rounds with my rusty for a certain rock last night. It fits and the rusty doesn't lol
Will you be buying locally or online? I'd like to see pictures as the interwebs contains a slew of images claiming to be fisheri.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I think that I have flavicauda and not fisheri. The LFS had it listed as just pygmy angel so that's what I typed in to my search. Apparently, several pictures of the whitetail are also listed as fisheri. Oh well, it's a cool and stand up fish as it already went rounds with my rusty for a certain rock last night. It fits and the rusty doesn't lol
Will you be buying locally or online? I'd like to see pictures as the interwebs contains a slew of images claiming to be fisheri.
I’ll show you a picture but a local store has had the same one for more than 5 months

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll show you a picture but a local store has had the same one for more than 5 months
Hopefully it works out for ya. The lemonpeel they had for a similar amount of time at the store as well. He and the Atlantic blue surgeon had a few disagreements but seem to settle down. A week later he kept hiding and 3 days ago disappeared completely. It's a very healthy and fat fish but I dunno. We did just see our golden coral banded shrimp two nights ago. It went missing LAST YEAR. It's substantially larger now...

Nightly update though, all the angels are starting to be more visible and hang out together. Obviously they do their own thing and are not schooling but progress is progress. I see no more aggression between the white tail and the rusty, with the rusty having the most boldness for being in the open. I feel though that the flame with via for that award as it's not really shy, more of an investigator. I.E. it pops in and out while perusing the tank. I can't wait to see what happens when I can eventually build the 8x4x3 tank. Looking at my rock though, I don't even think I would fill a corner of it. As I write this, I watch my pair of Bella gobies sift sand, oblivious to everyone else going by. So far the pink tail trigger went from one cave to the other, the scribbled rabbit swam out the front and in the back of his. The sailfin popped out for some nori(which need refilling...) And the Atlantic blue came out and went back in since no one cares about him anymore. The rusty has dominated the rocks while the whitetail dithered from one sand cave to the next. The cherub seemingly teleports all over the tank, while the eibli made a 30 second appearance before being replaced by a inquisitive flame angel. The bicolor and the lemonpeel are no shows but things could change. As of 10 minutes ago, all the aforementioned species ate a mixed bag of pellets and previous to that a healthy amount of homemade frozen mix. 3 fish have gone to the nori clip so far which tells me the natives are restless. I bid you farewell for now.

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 75 gallon reef ready tank with one carol beauty and upgraded to a 125 recently. Added a second cb shortly after I upgraded. So far so good. No problems at all.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's on our list we gave the LFS along with a keyhole and a few others.
My multicolor and keyhole angels share a 65g tank. They get along...mostly...but the multicolor angel is certainly the dominant fish in the tank. I have lots of live rock and macro -- and the multicolor has an attention span of about two seconds -- so any chasing is short-lived. If the keyhole grows much bigger, though, it's going to end up in my big tank.

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My multicolor and keyhole angels share a 65g tank. They get along...mostly...but the multicolor angel is certainly the dominant fish in the tank. I have lots of live rock and macro -- and the multicolor has an attention span of about two seconds -- so any chasing is short-lived. If the keyhole grows much bigger, though, it's going to end up in my big tank.
I'll take both of your angels.

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though, those two are on our want list. How long have you had them and how have they been?

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it works out for ya. The lemonpeel they had for a similar amount of time at the store as well. He and the Atlantic blue surgeon had a few disagreements but seem to settle down. A week later he kept hiding and 3 days ago disappeared completely. It's a very healthy and fat fish but I dunno. We did just see our golden coral banded shrimp two nights ago. It went missing LAST YEAR. It's substantially larger now...

Nightly update though, all the angels are starting to be more visible and hang out together. Obviously they do their own thing and are not schooling but progress is progress. I see no more aggression between the white tail and the rusty, with the rusty having the most boldness for being in the open. I feel though that the flame with via for that award as it's not really shy, more of an investigator. I.E. it pops in and out while perusing the tank. I can't wait to see what happens when I can eventually build the 8x4x3 tank. Looking at my rock though, I don't even think I would fill a corner of it. As I write this, I watch my pair of Bella gobies sift sand, oblivious to everyone else going by. So far the pink tail trigger went from one cave to the other, the scribbled rabbit swam out the front and in the back of his. The sailfin popped out for some nori(which need refilling...) And the Atlantic blue came out and went back in since no one cares about him anymore. The rusty has dominated the rocks while the whitetail dithered from one sand cave to the next. The cherub seemingly teleports all over the tank, while the eibli made a 30 second appearance before being replaced by a inquisitive flame angel. The bicolor and the lemonpeel are no shows but things could change. As of 10 minutes ago, all the aforementioned species ate a mixed bag of pellets and previous to that a healthy amount of homemade frozen mix. 3 fish have gone to the nori clip so far which tells me the natives are restless. I bid you farewell for now.
The fishers at the store looks exactly like this one

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though, those two are on our want list. How long have you had them and how have they been?
Get the multicolor it’s so beautiful, mine I’ve had for more than a year and it’s with a multibar and flameback. My other tank had a Pygmy with a multicolor.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up the multicolor last January from a nice man in Edmonton who had a lovely tank, but who probably had aggression (translation: biting) issues with his reef lobster. The fish was fine, but skittish. It was the only occupant of my RSM 250 until two orchid dottybacks joined it in March. I added the keyhole angel in the summer, as Chris (Ethical Aquatics) got one in, and I'd never seen one before.

The multicolor angel is definitely the bossiest fish in the tank. It doesn't really bully the keyhole angel, but does keep it in its place. I don't think that the arrangement is going to work for the keyhole on a long-term basis because of its potential growth, but I'll see what happens in a year or two.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back