OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I did a thing yesterday, see pics below. It has reset the release date to February 26 if I'm following the 45 day observation timeline.

Everyone is doing fine and we are approaching the 24hr mark. This one was already visibly eating all foods including nori. The gobies don't seem to mind the new comer and this one is openly swimming around.

I plan to get the 40breeder up and running this weekend and move plants out of two tanks. This will free up space and allow me two tank options for new QT/Observation tanks. It's been my Achilles heel for space.

IMG_20240111_191631444.jpg
IMG_20240111_191955669.jpg
IMG_20240112_161005395.jpg
IMG_20240112_161007788.jpg

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2, nothing major to write in for. Everyone in QT is eating everything offered. I will be doing a 25% water change tomorrow just to keep things clean. This bicolor is way more active and swimming about than the last one. I have a good feeling here and am looking forward to February 26th.

I'm looking to the future for the next set of angel/s to add and I think I've narrowed down my choices. I'm looking at either a heralds/false lemon, a rusty or a keyhole. If the place in Maryland still has the pair of cherubs however, all bets are off and I'm getting those.

Thoughts on stocking list here? Should I put it up to a vote?

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2, nothing major to write in for. Everyone in QT is eating everything offered. I will be doing a 25% water change tomorrow just to keep things clean. This bicolor is way more active and swimming about than the last one. I have a good feeling here and am looking forward to February 26th.

I'm looking to the future for the next set of angel/s to add and I think I've narrowed down my choices. I'm looking at either a heralds/false lemon, a rusty or a keyhole. If the place in Maryland still has the pair of cherubs however, all bets are off and I'm getting those.

Thoughts on stocking list here? Should I put it up to a vote?
That's a positive for sure. Eating early on is always a great sign. Cherubs are surprisingly robust for being so small in my experience. Smallest angel in my tank and somehow gets chased the least

OP
OP
reefsamurai

reefsamurai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3 started rather early with the hooligans wanting to go out at 5a. Unfortunately this led to the discovery that one of the gobies lept out of the tank over night. How I do not know as I use tightly fitting eggcrate to prevent this. I guess this was still to big so I will be making a screen top this morning.

All others are fine so far. It's too new to tell if I will try to find another diamond goby to replace the mate. I do not know enough about the species to know if they will take a new mate or if they are similar to the Bella's I had previously and only mate once.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back