Multiple EB832's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly but real question.. I have 2 EB832's at the moment I only have one install and planned to this morning to installing the second but my question is I will be utilizing all 16 outlets would it be wise to plug both in the same outlet or slit them, at the moment I'm using 2 separate outlets but that was because I was using 3 power surges but now its like just 2 outlets needed but still 16 items plugged into that one outlet.. How are you guys and gals doing it?

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splitting them is advised if you are running a large tank that has a large amp draw for one circuit. Most household circuits are rated for 15 amps, so if you are close to that or exceed it, you'll pop the breaker. My tank runs at about ~14 amps when all of the equipment is on - so I split my EB8s between two circuits (a 15 amp circuit and a dedicated 20 amp circuit) for peace of mind. That said, if the outlets are on the same circuit, splitting them doesnt matter, since they go back to the same breaker.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splitting them is advised if you are running a large tank that has a large amp draw for one circuit. Most household circuits are rated for 15 amps, so if you are close to that or exceed it, you'll pop the breaker. My tank runs at about ~14 amps when all of the equipment is on - so I split my EB8s between two circuits (a 15 amp circuit and a dedicated 20 amp circuit) for peace of mind. That said, if the outlets are on the same circuit, splitting them doesn't matter since they go back to the same breaker.

Almost perfect, in my opinion. I would also suggest to keep your return and at least one powerhead on separate breakers so that if one trips, you still have water circulation. A little water flow will keep things out of danger for a long time, but a short period of time with no circulation can be very bad.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a seperate dedicated 20 amp breaker to my tank. Cost about $75 in wire, breaker and gfci outlet from home depot. Took me about two hours to pull the wire and hook everything up. I split my two eb8 to seperate outlets on seperate breakers.

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a seperate dedicated 20 amp breaker to my tank. Cost about $75 in wire, breaker and gfci outlet from home depot. Took me about two hours to pull the wire and hook everything up. I split my two eb8 to seperate outlets on seperate breakers.
I did the same, except I paid someone else to do it. It's worth it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back