Mushroom Cage!

Printed Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

For those who are unfamiliar with what we do, we offer a variety of 3D printed reef accessories ranging from controller brackets, to custom prints. (feel free to check out our website!)

Introductions aside, we wanted to share a mushroom cage that we have been working on. The cage is 2 inches wide and 1.25 inches tall. It also has a hole on the bottom, which is 0.5 inches wide. We will also be offering a 3 inch variant, as we realized that the 2 inch one was not great for all mushrooms in a tank. You can view them here on our website!

Let us know what you think!!
260A1065.jpg
260A1060.jpg
260A1058.jpg
538A3161.jpg

Last edited:

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I can see someone can put those cages over a shroom until it attaches, but how do you secure the thing and is it negative buoyant ?
Eitherway, attaching softies is a problem and this could be a neat solution

OP
OP
Printed Reef

Printed Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I can see someone can put those cages over a shroom until it attaches, but how do you secure the thing and is it negative buoyant ?
Eitherway, attaching softies is a problem and this could be a neat solution
There are multiple ways to secure it, but personally we have found success by using our sand stands to hold it in place. As for buoyancy, the cage by itself will float as it is plastic, but when in use it shouldn't float.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back