• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Mushroom Condos 2.2", 3.2" & 4.2"

Carlosa19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exactly does it work? Anyone have a pic of it in action? I'm new to the coral side of the hobby and want to see if I'll need one

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How exactly does it work? Anyone have a pic of it in action? I'm new to the coral side of the hobby and want to see if I'll need one

Al my finicky & prized mushrooms are in these cups, cup + gravel + mushroom on top. This prevents mushrooms from floating away if they let go of the rock, last thing anyone wants is a $500 mushroom float away never to be seen again. These cups also change the flow of the water over the mushroom, breaking up any direct flow that may force the foot to let go. Here's an informative thread I started a while back as to why mushrooms let go - sorry to day we still don't know: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/why-do-mushrooms-detach.706744/.

This hobby is already expensive, if you don't know if you need it, there's a pretty good chance you don't yet. And there's no rush, I will keep on making them until something stops me, so when ever you need it, I'll be right here. Here's a picture of one of my mushroom collections in the cup in my tank:

1599402426844.png

Carlosa19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Al my finicky & prized mushrooms are in these cups, cup + gravel + mushroom on top. This prevents mushrooms from floating away if they let go of the rock, last thing anyone wants is a $500 mushroom float away never to be seen again. These cups also change the flow of the water over the mushroom, breaking up any direct flow that may force the foot to let go. Here's an informative thread I started a while back as to why mushrooms let go - sorry to day we still don't know: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/why-do-mushrooms-detach.706744/.

This hobby is already expensive, if you don't know if you need it, there's a pretty good chance you don't yet. And there's no rush, I will keep on making them until something stops me, so when ever you need it, I'll be right here. Here's a picture of one of my mushroom collections in the cup in my tank:

1599402426844.png
Ohhh I see now I haven't quite gotten to that side of town yet lol just with Bubble tip anemones. I was thinking about putting one in the cup to make it easier to move if its stressed and to minimize it wandering around the tank. But I don't think it'll work?

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ohhh I see now I haven't quite gotten to that side of town yet lol just with Bubble tip anemones. I was thinking about putting one in the cup to make it easier to move if its stressed and to minimize it wandering around the tank. But I don't think it'll work?

You can certainly use them for anemones, placed on the sandbed.

TheAngryReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a baby jaw breaker that is like pinky nail size, worried about him getting lost in my system. Will he be secure in one of these baskets?

mxnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good seller. Good communication even though I lagged it on my end. Shipped the next day after I paid and got to Cali in 2 days. =)
Just opened the box today and they look fantastic. Can't wait to put them to use. Thanks Vlad!
NZlJu7s.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condos arrived safe and sound. Very well packaged for what they are!
Very cool dude to work with. Buy with confidence for sure.

Baby electus digging new spot.
Big ups to @Reefer1978. These are going to be perfect man!
20201030_160130.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer1978

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Condos arrived safe and sound. Very well packaged for what they are!
Very cool dude to work with. Buy with confidence for sure.

Baby electus digging new spot.
Big ups to @Reefer1978. These are going to be perfect man!

Thanks LRT, shroom looks nice and comfortable!!!

Textech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1599402426844.png

What is that rubble called? I have tried to find it on Google but don't know what to call it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back