Mushroom ID Help

ArtofReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I bought this mushroom about a year ago from my local lfs as a red devil mushroom. Fast forward up until recently I thought thats what I had until someone mentioned that its not indeed a true red devil. I'm confused, at this point the mushroom has grown and has offspring lol. I love it but now I'm wondering what it actually is. Heres a few pictures. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

20210117_123409.jpg 20210115_014635.jpg 20210111_233026.jpg 20210117_123409.jpg 20210115_014635.jpg 20210111_233026.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,belated welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
one heck of a first post ;) beautiful shrooms ,i cannot give you a name,i'd like to call it "mine":)
let's call a couple of guru's.. @LRT @DonTavo27 :cool: :cool:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last picture looks like baby neptune bounce shrooms but can't say those are Neptune's for sure. Very close relatives if not just different color variations.
Very nice though. They say Neptune's can take a yr or 2 to mature and show proper color once settled in so be interesting to see what they do.

OP
OP
ArtofReefing

ArtofReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi ,belated welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
one heck of a first post ;) beautiful shrooms ,i cannot give you a name,i'd like to call it "mine":)
let's call a couple of guru's.. @LRT @DonTavo27 :cool: :cool:
Thank you for the warm welcome !! I look forward to hearing from the guru's as well :)

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2Reef family!
The red ones do look like Red Devils, I was sold one just like yours, as a red devil as well. Someone local to me posted one for sale as a Wolverine?
They’re like a cross between red devil, and dragon lady bounce. It’s a beautiful Mushroom for sure. The other ones do look similar to forest fire.

OP
OP
ArtofReefing

ArtofReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2Reef family!
The red ones do look like Red Devils, I was sold one just like yours, as a red devil as well. Someone local to me posted one for sale as a Wolverine?
They’re like a cross between red devil, and dragon lady bounce. It’s a beautiful Mushroom for sure. The other ones do look similar to forest fire.

OP
OP
ArtofReefing

ArtofReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That great to know !! So they are indeed red devil's. I think they look great too. I've seen other red devil's where the spots are flat on the surface of the mushroom, but on mine they seem to be actually lifted like a bubble. That's why I had the initial doubt. Thanks again for shedding some light on this mystery

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That great to know !! So they are indeed red devil's. I think they look great too. I've seen other red devil's where the spots are flat on the surface of the mushroom, but on mine they seem to be actually lifted like a bubble. That's why I had the initial doubt. Thanks again for shedding some light on this mystery

I can’t say it’s a red devil for sure :(
I was sold one like yours that was labeled a red devil as well, but I don’t think that to be true.
However, it’s really close in comparison to a red devil, so it may just be...
Sorry for any misunderstanding

OP
OP
ArtofReefing

ArtofReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t say it’s a red devil for sure :(
I was sold one like yours that was labeled a red devil as well, but I don’t think that to be true.
However, it’s really close in comparison to a red devil, so it may just be...
Sorry for any misunderstanding
No worries, I'm glad I was able to get different opinions on what they could be. I appreciate it and I'm happy with them no matter what they may be called. They are stunning :)

Back