Mushroom or anemone? (Hitchhiker)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer Dan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer Dan

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2010
Messages
730
Reaction score
717
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This comes out and night and wanders around a little bit which makes me think it’s an anemone… but it does look like a reddish mushroom coral. I haven’t seen it out during the day.

Thoughts?

6C7D8642-F140-413C-A640-928CF0F80C28.jpeg 4E6089C3-7DAF-4900-8A6C-4145855A2B59.jpeg
 
Not sure, but I think I see a ball anemone?
 
Not sure, but I think I see a ball anemone?
Thanks for your input Krisreef— I’m not certain it is a ball anemone as it doesn’t look like any I’ve seen in the past or pictures I’ve found online.
 
Thanks for your input Krisreef— I’m not certain it is a ball anemone as it doesn’t look like any I’ve seen in the past or pictures I’ve found online.
Thanks for checking out my wag. Also, I was not certain from the photo what thing we were talking about. I think it is the golden brown square/diamond in the middle of the frame? (Other folk may also wonder?) How fast does this thing open when it comes out at night?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new