Mushrooms beside clam

Scott Muncy8

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170124_122419.jpg
I recently purchased a deresa clam attached to a rock and when it arrived after acclimation it opened right up. This morning it looks great but there are blue mushrooms attached to the rock. I'm not a fan of them because they spread like a disease. Does anyone know of a sure way of removing the mushrooms without harming the clam. I have cut them in the past but they always come back.
 
Iv tried cutting them away aswell and your right they just grow back
The small ones iv started reef puttying them , just stick a big blob of it over the shrooms
It's worked so far for me
 
That's a good idea with the putty. I wonder if any of the other #reefsquad crew have any experience in this.
 
I've never tried removing them, but could you do it the same way you remove Aiptasia? Kalk paste, Aiptasia-X, Mojano-wand, laser cnidarian removal . . .

Of course, if you can do it while they're alive, you'll find more of a market for blue 'shrooms than you would for Aiptasia . . . probably...

~Bruce
 
Iv tried cutting them away aswell and your right they just grow back
The small ones iv started reef puttying them , just stick a big blob of it over the shrooms
It's worked so far for me

I went to my lfs to get some paste and they recommended super glue so I'm giving that a try
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new