MXM module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Versa as my ATO pump being controlled by a Tunze osmolator and Tunze switched socket. The Versa is set in Mobius to be on 100% at all times. The Tunze switched socket controls power to the Versa turning the outlet on and off when the ATO calls for water. This setup works awesome except that the Versa is powered off except for a few seconds every now and then. Because of this I am not able to add any subsequent Ecotech devices to Mobius because Mobius can't detect the ATO Versa because it's always unpowered. I want to use a second Versa to feed my kalk reactor but I can't because I can't add it to Mobius. On top of that the local control only of Mobius sucks. Even if I could add the second Versa I could only control it at home. What if I wanted to adjust kalk dosing when away? Will the MXM module for Apex alleviate these shortcomings?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Versa as my ATO pump being controlled by a Tunze osmolator and Tunze switched socket. The Versa is set in Mobius to be on 100% at all times. The Tunze switched socket controls power to the Versa turning the outlet on and off when the ATO calls for water. This setup works awesome except that the Versa is powered off except for a few seconds every now and then. Because of this I am not able to add any subsequent Ecotech devices to Mobius because Mobius can't detect the ATO Versa because it's always unpowered. I want to use a second Versa to feed my kalk reactor but I can't because I can't add it to Mobius. On top of that the local control only of Mobius sucks. Even if I could add the second Versa I could only control it at home. What if I wanted to adjust kalk dosing when away? Will the MXM module for Apex alleviate these shortcomings?
Because you only have 1 device and because the majority of time it's off, you'll have a hard time logging onto your tank via mobius. The easy fix for your situation is to add the 2nd device while your connected versa is powered on, or create a new tank and add the other device.

I agree that controlling the versa the way you are isn't ideal, and needs to be able to have controlability based on inputs, but at the moment we're stuck doing it the way you're doing it

Unfortunately, it seems that versa won't have connectivity via mxm out the gate. I understand that it eventually will but not at first.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when is the mxm module going to be available?
I watched the video...although they did not give a date, they kept saying 'Santa and his elves are working on it' then proceeded to say 'you can read into this for the timing'. Unfortunately, they did not say what year santa and his elves would be delivering.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply - Any hints? I cashed in my savings, called in favors, even bribed my wife so that I could buy one more thing for my tank.

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would be nice if they would say if the MXM will control versa pumps

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would be nice if they would say if the MXM will control versa pumps
MXM specifically addresses Mobius interface so anything that works with Mobius should work with the MXM. Now the ironic part is how many Mobius products do not reliably work with Mobius. Just add that layer to your trouble shooting.

Will the MXM replace Mobius or simply push and pull data to and from Mobius? If it is the latter than none of the reliability issues will he resolved by adding this additional hardware.

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would sure be nice if they would hurry up and tell us if it would work with Versa.

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
MXM specifically addresses Mobius interface so anything that works with Mobius should work with the MXM. Now the ironic part is how many Mobius products do not reliably work with Mobius. Just add that layer to your trouble shooting.

Will the MXM replace Mobius or simply push and pull data to and from Mobius? If it is the latter than none of the reliability issues will he resolved by adding this additional hardware.
Thats my biggest worry. The radions/mobius are incredibly unreliable with mobius and have to be rebooted several times to work. If you try to turn on radion, ether only half the lights will turn on, or theyll turn on and within 5 minutes half will turn off. it makes it a nightmare to show anyone the tank and junky $700 lights powering it.

I really hope the mxm is something new and not just piggybacking off of mobius software.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was promised by Christmas by Neptune. It wasn’t delivered by Christmas.

Was it like promised promised or that was what the timeline was looking like at the time they gave an update?

Did Neptune say something like, “We guarantee it is out by Christmas. If not, we’ll go Oprah style and send one to everyone for free?”

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oprah style and send one to everyone for free?”
This should already be the case for anyone with an apex and a mobius device just to make up for the shortcomings of mobius. Mobius is almost up tp Cyberpunk 2077 level launch failure status.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it like promised promised or that was what the timeline was looking like at the time they gave an update?

Did Neptune say something like, “We guarantee it is out by Christmas. If not, we’ll go Oprah style and send one to everyone for free?”
They had a video and said they were working on it with Santa’s elves. The implication was clear. Having all vendors post it on their sites with coming soon three weeks before Christmas?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back