My 100g Aquarium Adventure

joeyfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am new to r2r and wanted to share my build and also get some help with a beautiful stocklist.

I have an 100g FOWLR but also plan on adding some anemones down the line, so I don't know if you would consider it reef but I doubt it.

Equipment:
100g tank - 47.5" x 23.5" x 20"
Fluval Fx6
Deep Blue Wet/dry 200
IceCap K1-160 Protein Skimmer
Dual Current USA Orbit Marine lights ( Ordered on Black Friday so still waiting sadly )

Current Stocklist:
2 Frostbite Clownfish
2 Pajama Cardinals
2 Chromis
1 Melanarus Wrasse
2 blood shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp

Future Additions:
-3 tangs (maybe a hippo and a yellow tang and Kole tang but I know my tank is small for a hippo tang so I'm open to any opinions. Definitely going to see the tang police when it comes to 3 tangs in a 100g)
-Some sort of fairy wrasse
-Diamond Goby
-Flame Angel or any other angel that pops
-Butterfly ( Not really sure which type )
-Couple of bubble tip anemones
-Some sort of mascot for the tank that brings the most personality

I've been diving into a whole lot of research when it comes to anemones and it honestly draws me in more than away, so if anyone knows about anemones, I'm ready to take in experiences with them and get to see from a first hand account what it is to care for them. Thank you so much everyone for viewing my thread even though you might've had other things to do but I appreciate it entirely.

IMG_9583.jpeg

OP
OP
J

joeyfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R; you are in the middle of it aren't you? i have a RBTA and it is easy to keep and happy so far lol.
Hey and yes that’s actually a picture of it first set up and that’s great to hear definitely looking forward to getting a couple of those

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your idea of a "Mascot." Jawfish are cool, there are some massive Dusky Jawfish out there. Zebra Moray eels are awesome and fish-friendly. This list goes on and on for!

If you really must have a hippo tang, get a tiny one and add if first. You may be able to keep a tiny one for a few years.

RBTA are quite easy to care for, but I wouldn't forget about carpet anemones!

Hawkfish are also quite a bit of fun (especially the flame hawkfish) just don't get the Arc-Eye because they are nasty and are known to eat anemones if they get hungry.

OP
OP
J

joeyfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your idea of a "Mascot." Jawfish are cool, there are some massive Dusky Jawfish out there. Zebra Moray eels are awesome and fish-friendly. This list goes on and on for!

If you really must have a hippo tang, get a tiny one and add if first. You may be able to keep a tiny one for a few years.

RBTA are quite easy to care for, but I wouldn't forget about carpet anemones!

Hawkfish are also quite a bit of fun (especially the flame hawkfish) just don't get the Arc-Eye because they are nasty and are known to eat anemones if they get hungry.
I’ve been actually looking into the jawfish they honestly look amazing. I agree with getting a hippo tang really small so I could at least enjoy him then relocate him to an even better home. Thank you so much for the tip on RBTA, I’ve honestly been wanting anemones so since I upgraded from a 29 to the 100 definitely going to dabble in that. Hmmm I never thought of a flame hawkfish definitely gotta check that out and the arc eyes are definitely not the best option they’re nasty towards fish too. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been actually looking into the jawfish they honestly look amazing. I agree with getting a hippo tang really small so I could at least enjoy him then relocate him to an even better home. Thank you so much for the tip on RBTA, I’ve honestly been wanting anemones so since I upgraded from a 29 to the 100 definitely going to dabble in that. Hmmm I never thought of a flame hawkfish definitely gotta check that out and the arc eyes are definitely not the best option they’re nasty towards fish too. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it.
of course man. Jawfish are so underrated. Not only are they mean looking, but they are grumpy as hell. If a snail or a crab wanders near mines' burrow, he gets mad XD. They also are awesome to watch feed! Keep me updated, my tank isn't large and I love hearing about others'!

OP
OP
J

joeyfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update, lights have came in well around a week after Black Friday. Tank is now going through it’s ugly phase sadly.
76A6E7D6-DA9D-44F4-AA75-EBF2FCC41712.jpeg

Back