OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright! Busy week at work but, Hanna checker read phosphates at 0 so, emptied the old RO water, rinsed the rocks and making some new water to start the saltwater soak and get the rocks started.

It's my only day off today until next week so tried to get a lot done. Having said that, there's a lot of waiting. The stand is coming a long nicely. The inside is being sealed and painted:
IMG_3004.JPG

The doors are built and framed:
IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

The two tangs are doing great! They're done with Prazi awaiting their water change that's about to happen. I'll start them on Copper tonight and hold them at 2ppm for the next 30 days.

My lady wants to paint the room the tank is going into before it actually makes up there so hopefully it'll fall into place In about 30 days. My buddy is coming over to help me wash the tank as it's collected a ton of dust over fish room build and the saw dust flying around. But it needs to be dragged outside. We're also going to drill it, paint it and fit it with the ghost overflow from Reef Synergy.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agh- finally home from work. Spent the last few days in Miami and figured I'd visit some stores. Derek over at ReefTops was extremely helpful and generally a great dude. If you're on here- thanks bud!

Anyway, busy busy day. Had a hand today so I put him to work. We dragged the tank outside and drilled it for the ghost overflow.
IMG_3022.JPG

Cleaned it up real good and dragged it back inside
IMG_3023.JPG

Finished the stand! The doors still need adjusting but here it is!

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agh- finally home from work. Spent the last few days in Miami and figured I'd visit some stores. Derek over at ReefTops was extremely helpful and generally a great dude. If you're on here- thanks bud!

Anyway, busy busy day. Had a hand today so I put him to work. We dragged the tank outside and drilled it for the ghost overflow.
IMG_3022.JPG

Cleaned it up real good and dragged it back inside
IMG_3023.JPG

Finished the stand! The doors still need adjusting but here it is!

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG
This looks awesome!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at sea world today. The lead engineer was talking about your setup. Said it was cooler and better done than their place. Haha, this is awesome, nice work.

Haha! That's awesome! Made my morning!

I'm thinking it will be full of water in the next 4-5 weeks.

ReefNo0ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! That's awesome! Made my morning!

I'm thinking it will be full of water in the next 4-5 weeks.
Seriously that's my dream! To have such a sweet tank project going on everyone in the community talks about it!! I love following this project thread

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously that's my dream! To have such a sweet tank project going on everyone in the community talks about it!! I love following this project thread

Believe me, this has been a dream build of mine as well. I certainly could not have done it without this community!

When, not if ;), you start your dream build- let me know!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow day today- figured I'd post some photos of my latest travels. Along with the people I meet, I was thinking I could incorporate that into the thread.

NYC skyline at night arriving into LaGuardia
IMG_2915.JPG

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along.
Great build!
Super jealous of your basement fish room!

You'll love the automation from your Apex. I have the Digital Aquatics Archon and it's nice to know when I go away for days at a time I can still check on things. I've got an auto feeder, ATO, dosing, and auto water change system. I haven't done it yet, but hoping to use an old Android tablet as a webcam so I can see my tank from thousands of miles away!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Canopy has taken shape.
IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3027.JPG

I cut holes out for fans and all that's left is to paint and get it all upstairs. I've volunteered a friend to come over and do that so I'm thinking I may get water in it and cycle the tank. I've cured my live rock in the brute can and got the phosphates down to zero. They have been sitting around for a few days after a good rinse and I was thinking, instead of seeding them with bacteria and cycling them in the brute can... anything wrong with throwing them in the tank?

ReefNo0ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Canopy has taken shape.
IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3027.JPG

I cut holes out for fans and all that's left is to paint and get it all upstairs. I've volunteered a friend to come over and do that so I'm thinking I may get water in it and cycle the tank. I've cured my live rock in the brute can and got the phosphates down to zero. They have been sitting around for a few days after a good rinse and I was thinking, instead of seeding them with bacteria and cycling them in the brute can... anything wrong with throwing them in the tank?
Sounds better than what I did!! Which was just throw em in the DT and wait (what felt like forever) til perams were right to add fish and corals haha you're already ahead of the game!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds better than what I did!! Which was just throw em in the DT and wait (what felt like forever) til perams were right to add fish and corals haha you're already ahead of the game!

Haha. I've been there done that. Trying to be as patient as I can be!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Quick update. A while ago on this thread there was some discussion regarding DI resin from BRS and how quickly it's been exhausted for others. I just went through 2 refills and haven't made but 100 gallons of water. I'm not sure how high the TDS is as my meter is reading 3 going into the unit. I doubt that's accurate being on well water. I'm installed a new unit today to get an accurate reading but 100 gallons out of two refills of DI resin doesn't sound very good to me. I went ahead and ordered DI from spectrapure and hoping for better results. Will keep you updated.

One more update... we are finishing up paint and I got the stand upstairs!! We maybe wet this weekend!!
IMG_3031.JPG

Back