My 125g build w/basement sump/fish room

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand looks great! I never had an issue with the brs filters. I have probably made 500-1000 gallons with my initial filters and I still get 1 tds going into the DI resin.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand looks great! I never had an issue with the brs filters. I have probably made 500-1000 gallons with my initial filters and I still get 1 tds going into the DI resin.

Thanks! Yea when I was on city water it would take what seemed like forever for the DI resin to exhaust. I'm sure it has to do with me being on a well. We'll see how spectrapure does.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It found its way upstairs. Tomorrow I'll swing by as I need a handful of 45 degree elbows and go to town. Scaping begins tomorrow. Excuse the mess and the old blanket underneath. We used it to move the thing around without scratching the floor.
IMG_3038.JPG

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was hoping to get more done but it was rather pain staking. We had some touching up to do with paint and the boss lady wanted fresh electrical outlets... and what the boss wants the boss gets. Anyway, after and during all that, I managed to plumb it and finally check for leaks from the return pump. None! Holy crap does it move water though. Anyway, I got a splash of water in there so it's officially wet! Also, laid some sand out and I'm thinking I need two or three more bags. Tomorrow, scape!

IMG_1804.JPG
IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think I've found the issue. High levels of CO2 in my well water. I haven't tested for this yet but plan to later this weekend to co firm my suspicion. From doing some reading, TDS meter won't register CO2 and the filters before DI won't remove it. DI will and exhaust much faster. We shall see

Derek Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea you had with the bulkheads in the floor and using vent cover to hide the hole if you ever have to move the tank. I've been trying to figure out a way to convince my wife to let me cut a hole in the floor to have a basement sump. You have just inspired me. Love the build so far!

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the aquascaping! I like the two piles with the "canyon" in between. I think it used to be just pile it high against the back glass, but now the twin towers look is in vogue. That's what I've got on mine, albeit, not as nicely spaced as yours- the benefit you have of a much longer tank and room for more live rock in the basement!

One thing I did on mine is leave enough room against the back glass to get my mag cleaner back there. I really don't like the coraline algae "wall" look, so I keep my back glass clean.

Nice work!!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea you had with the bulkheads in the floor and using vent cover to hide the hole if you ever have to move the tank. I've been trying to figure out a way to convince my wife to let me cut a hole in the floor to have a basement sump. You have just inspired me. Love the build so far!

Good luck to you sir... I cut mine out while she was at work.... she never noticed the cover lol but I fessed up a few hours later. Took a foot rub, a day at the spa and some apologizing but she's just as excited as I am now.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the aquascaping! I like the two piles with the "canyon" in between. I think it used to be just pile it high against the back glass, but now the twin towers look is in vogue. That's what I've got on mine, albeit, not as nicely spaced as yours- the benefit you have of a much longer tank and room for more live rock in the basement!

One thing I did on mine is leave enough room against the back glass to get my mag cleaner back there. I really don't like the coraline algae "wall" look, so I keep my back glass clean.

Nice work!!

Thanks! Yea I'm in the same boat. I love it on the rock but I like my glass clean. I know it doesn't look it but I have about 2-3" between the glass and rock in the back. The challenge will be climbing over it to clean. Time will tell.

Who do I have to talk to overto get a job?! [emoji3]

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who do I have to talk to overto get a job?!
emoji3.png

It's been a mystery how guys are getting noticed these days!!! For cold contacts, I think the job fairs are the ticket- and multiple visits! It was just as competitive when I applied 10 years ago. I had the advantage of knowing a couple pilots in Anchorage as well as a handful of guys I flew with at Skywest. Good luck out there!!

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a mystery how guys are getting noticed these days!!! For cold contacts, I think the job fairs are the ticket- and multiple visits! It was just as competitive when I applied 10 years ago. I had the advantage of knowing a couple pilots in Anchorage as well as a handful of guys I flew with at Skywest. Good luck out there!!

Yea- express jet for 10 years. Sat the right seat with no movement what so ever. I enjoyed a good bit of days off until we merged with ASA. That was it for me. Low pay and no days off. I'm flying a G5 now and miraculously the schedule def fell into place as these folks don't fly much. The pay is certainly there but missing the long term stability. Anyway- I digress. If you're ever in EWR- give me a shout

Back