My 180 Gallon "Pair" Themed Build Thread

It’s a very sad day today. I found my male Interruptus Angel under my stand. ☹ I had him for 3 years.
I have a false wall on one end of the tank to house cords and controls, which means the stand and canopy is longer than the tank. I have a piece of styrofoam covering the hole between the tank and false wall. The styrofoam was flipped up so I think he jumped on it and it flipped him in the bottom of the stand. It is a big loss for me, not only financially but emotional as well. I spent so much time and energy pairing him with my female, It literally makes me feel sick.

873ABB05-D1FB-4404-95D5-C6FD4B3F3EB7.jpeg
I’m extremely sorry for your lost
 
Went back to HD to get some more stuff for it. Just pulled into the parking lot and this happened! Scared me half to death when it suddenly jumped up by my cup holder in my car. Then it went to back seat after I started screaming. Opened all my door and finally got it out after several tries
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5689.MOV
    24.5 MB
I had one living in my old car under the hood. Was sitting at a red light and it came out on my windshield to look around....ducked back in when the light changed green ;Meh
 
Last night I got the power supply brackets, surge protector power bar attached to the back side of the board.

IMG_5681.jpg



Then got everything labeled and put on the board. Cords are still a mess at this time. Will clean them up more a little later. All these cords use to be a rats nests under my stand. I forgot to get a picture of it before I started.
IMG_5682.jpg
 
Today I drilled holes in the back of the cabinet to run the cords through. I put in large 5" holes so I can stick my hand in there if I need to. After I had already drilled the 5" holes I thought to put magnets on the back so I can completely remove it if I needed to. so I ordered some magnets. And I organized the cords some more with zip ties.

IMG_5696.jpg


IMG_5697.jpg


IMG_5698.jpg
 
Here is a video of the tank today. Please try and ignore all the embarrassing algae ;Shamefullyembarrased

I dig the algea in a fowlr. Looks like grass blowing in the wind
 
It has been almost a year since the last post.

We need to give @MrsBugmaster more love here :)
She has such amazing pairs and had her losses as well. Much love and respect for her devotion to the ups and downs of aquarium keeping :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new