OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I don't update as much as I should but wanted to let everyone know that even though I always do weekly waterchanges, I have so many large fish and feed heavily that my nitrates were way too high. So after many hours of deliberation and reading I decided to go with a Pax-Bellum macroalgea reactor.
After 3 plus weeks I harvested my first batch of algea and was so pleasantly surprised that befor adding the reactor my NO4 was over 50ppm and 4 weeks later is 10ppm.
IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

I also had a small mishap during new years weekend where my coral got so heavy that it toppled over causing a cooler full of frags. :)
The tank is doing fantastic once again and I added a trio of Bimacs anthias thanks to Terence Fugazzi's tip while here in town. Thanks again Terence.
_MG_3213.jpg

_MG_2670%20copy.jpg

_MG_2652%20copy.jpg

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pearlberry is now 34 months old from when I bought it as a small frag, March of 2014.

_MG_3750%20copy.jpg

IMG_0513copy.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the progress photos! Awesome bro!

Crna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wow! Caught your thread from a r2r email update, and I'm so glad that they sent it. Thanks for sharing, your set-up is amazing, and your tank is gorgeous!

EndlessReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time I have seen your tank and it's absolutely stunning. I do have a question that I haven't seen in the thread. What kind of camera and what lenses do you use for your photos? I saw where you mentioned you iso's and I'm going to play with that looking for all the photo advice I can get! Thankyou in advance and again I hope one day my tank can come close to comparing to yours.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing Tank and fish collection, an emperor Angel will look stunning in there .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back