My first saltwater tank

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you measure the dimensions of the tank with a ruler? I have to agree with the other guy based on the size of the clown that looks like a 5 to me too

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you guys suggest any fish that is hardy?
I’ve always started a tank with a 6 line wrasse I know for a fact these guys are hardy...you could do damsels but if you end up keeping the very first fish you add I would do a 6 line...I think they are a good starter idk that’s just my experience..an example I have is that I told my friend to start with one and he let his salinity go way beyond the scale luckily I went over and fixed the issues and the 6 line was still alive!!! Keep in mind this tank was not fully cycled either! And I think they have great personality not to territorial but can be however I’m sure you will add clowns which can hold their own ground as well. Anyways that’s just my 2 cents

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns can’t really hold their ground
I have a six line that I moved into 2 different tanks,the wrasse picked on both pairs of clownfish in either tanks

OP
OP
freshwaterandmarine

freshwaterandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 months, I am back here with an update. The tank is 10 gallons when I measured it about 6 months ago. I was mistaken about the size and the tank crashed in February. Now, I have changed the tank and the livestocks are 2 clownfish and one banggai cardinal. There is some pulsing Xenia, a superman mushroom and a yuma. I will be upgrading to a 30-40 gallon tank soon. It is now well established and nothing bad has happened. Except that I suspect that my hermit crab ate my starfish and also some of my Xenia.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon nano tank with one clownfish, one carpenter wrasse and one banggai cardinal fish.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-17 at 15.28.36.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-14 at 15.41.27.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 13.54.16.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 10.13.41.jpeg
Cool tank you got there!

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 months, I am back here with an update. The tank is 10 gallons when I measured it about 6 months ago. I was mistaken about the size and the tank crashed in February. Now, I have changed the tank and the livestocks are 2 clownfish and one banggai cardinal. There is some pulsing Xenia, a superman mushroom and a yuma. I will be upgrading to a 30-40 gallon tank soon. It is now well established and nothing bad has happened. Except that I suspect that my hermit crab ate my starfish and also some of my Xenia.
Nice good for you and welcome back!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back