My 20gal marine tank!

KingPiscean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say go with the AI Prime HD. For the price and the features you get it’s one of the best. Fully programmable and can grow pretty much anything. You can even download others presets which can eliminate a ton of research and guessing. I love mine.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let us know what they say at the store when you go. I will say i do enjoy knowing my lights will come whether I decide to wake up or not and go off if I'm not home by 10pm. And hopefully they'll have snail replacements for you. Get snails that don't have shells shaped like hermits like. That way they won't try to kill your snails. That's why I hate hermits. Theyre cheeky.
Turbo snails then ?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank will look great with black rim and screen top.
20201026_134619.jpg

Also, gsp as an island on the sand bed looks good and keeps them off your main rock work.

20210109_185434.jpg

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do Nassarius for sand and then instead of turbo do the trochus if you can find those. They'll do glass and rock and can turn back over if they flip. But you can get turbos if you like them better.
I don’t mind to be honest as long as they are happy in my tank :)

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank will look great with black rim and screen top.
20201026_134619.jpg

Also, gsp as an island on the sand bed looks good and keeps them off your main rock work.

20210109_185434.jpg
That looks so pretty

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m on my way to my lfs as I need some ro water what should I pick up in terms of lights , livestock or corals ? As well as the RODI water

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H
I would do Nassarius for sand and then instead of turbo do the trochus if you can find those. They'll do glass and rock and can turn back over if they flip. But you can get turbos if you like them better.
How many of each ? Is 2 nassarius and 3 trochus ok ?
Could I get 2 hermits or no ?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget hermits. Eventually they pick at corals and may attack snails. You can start with 3 nickel size nassarius snails. My preference for light would be a single Kessil 360. That's what I use on my Nuvo 20. For corals maybe a Duncan, recordia, some zoas to get things rolling. Keep in mind what you eventually want to keep and "save" locations in the tank for those.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget hermits. Eventually they pick at corals and may attack snails. You can start with 3 nickel size nassarius snails. My preference for light would be a single Kessil 360. That's what I use on my Nuvo 20. For corals maybe a Duncan, recordia, some zoas to get things rolling. Keep in mind what you eventually want to keep and "save" locations in the tank for those.
Yes I have got 2 nassarius snails and 3 trochus snails and I have put my order in for a light I can’t remember what it was called but the man said it had an app on your phone and it was £199 and it has all different settings and it’s good for all coral I think the name began with an M

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have got 2 nassarius snails and 3 trochus snails and I have put my order in for a light I can’t remember what it was called but the man said it had an app on your phone and it was £199 and it has all different settings and it’s good for all coral I think the name began with an M
Sounds like you did well today! I like your snail choices! Those 2 snails will be easy to deal with. You could add hermits eventually if you wanted but they are cheeky and you can eventually find a type of snail that will do everything the hermits do. But you have a good start for now and a light on the way! Yay.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you did well today! I like your snail choices! Those 2 snails will be easy to deal with. You could add hermits eventually if you wanted but they are cheeky and you can eventually find a type of snail that will do everything the hermits do. But you have a good start for now and a light on the way! Yay.
Thank you ! Do you have any idea what the light name is I’ve completely forgot lol

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said began with M. So I cant think of one right now. Sounds like it will be one you enjoy and do everything you want it to do.
I have contacted my Lfs and asked them because it’s bothering me that I can’t remember lol

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m going getting my light today and I’m just wondering can I get coral today aswell ? Or like do you have to have the light on for a certain amount of time first ?

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’m going getting my light today and I’m just wondering can I get coral today aswell ? Or like do you have to have the light on for a certain amount of time first ?
You should be able to get coral any time you have your lights. if your light is stronger than what they use you'll just need to make sure to set your light lower and slowly ramp it up to whatever setting you want to use over a couple of days with the coral instead of all at once. This should keep it from being bleached. But yes if you have the light you are good!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back