My 220 Miracles Build

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Do you plan on giving it a bleach bath and curing before it goes in the display permanently?

Pukani is beautiful rock (I use it too) but it loves to leach organics and po4!

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Do you plan on giving it a bleach bath and curing before it goes in the display permanently?

Pukani is beautiful rock (I use it too) but it loves to leach organics and po4!
Thanks. The pukani rock was bleached for a month. After than I let it set on rodi with decloranator for a couple of days and tested for chlorine. Test was negative so I put it I rodi water for 2 weeks let it dry.

I am going to cycle the rock in the tank.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok reefers tell me what you think (truthfully lol) I really like it and I know that is the main thing but I respect the opinion of the more experienced crowed. I have many caves and openings for fish and for flow to move through. The tanks is 24" tall but the highest point of my rock work is 14" I did this for the future growth of my corals (hopefully).

SO THE SURVEY SAYS?

20180318_114645.jpg

20180318_114531.jpg

20180318_114558.jpg

20180318_114616.jpg

20180318_114625.jpg

20180318_114645.jpg

20180318_114748.jpg

20180318_114748.jpg

20180318_173751.jpg

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say it looks a bit flat, it is a difficult call for everyone as everyone's taste is different.
Lovely rocks to work with though, remember you are the one that has to live with it! :)
Thanks for the comment. I agree its on the flat side and I still have about 80lbs of rock left to play with:). I do love the way the scape is laid out but there is still a possibility of it getting taller in a few places.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Plenty of coral placement. The "Flatness" will go away once you get the coral on top of it, so I wouldn't be too worried there.
Thank for the comment. I might take the right side up a little. I couldn't make anything I liked without doing some cutting and break of the rocks I have left. Then I thought about my anemones I plain on keeping could have there on little island(if they stayed on it) to themselves.

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you staying BB? I think it looks good...just if you add some sand, you'll lose some of the caves on the bottom.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you staying BB? I think it looks good...just if you add some sand, you'll lose some of the caves on the bottom.
Thanks. I will be adding 1 1/2" of tropical eden sand. I think with 1 1/2" the caves will lose a little size on the opening but not completely closed off. I have always like the more natural look of sand vs BB.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING build!!! Everything about this is top notch! I like the rock work, I do agree that it's a little flat. Personally I like for at least one structure to reach up towards the waters surface. How much rock have you used already?

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING build!!! Everything about this is top notch! I like the rock work, I do agree that it's a little flat. Personally I like for at least one structure to reach up towards the waters surface. How much rock have you used already?
Thank you very much. It is a little flat but I am hope to fill in that empty space above the rock with awesome looking corals ( hopefully ):) In my past tanks I did build my scape close to the top and the corals would run out of vertical space before I got my desired look. That's not to say that a few spots may get a little higher but not much. I used about 150lbs of Marco and 40lb of Pukani.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounted my AP700s today can't hook up to the internet right now but it's fun to look at. This is the view from my kitchen can't wait to move in and start filling it up.

We have been planning this home and tank for a long time thanks for following along.

20180320_180036.jpg

Looks great!!!!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Home and cabinetry. I like how everything flows together so all you see is a "Window Reef". I like the rock work and it will make a nice Acro Island. Now I am missing that tonga branch you showed everyone, so you need to figure that out, if not I'll have it :)...... First Class all around.....and Congratulations on the New Home.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Home and cabinetry. I like how everything flows together so all you see is a "Window Reef". I like the rock work and it will make a nice Acro Island. Now I am missing that tonga branch you showed everyone, so you need to figure that out, if not I'll have it :)...... First Class all around.....and Congratulations on the New Home.
Thanks. I tried several different things with the tonga branch and it was just to open for the look I was looking for on this tank. My wife said the same thing "where's my tonga Rock" I quickly said we will put it In YOUR new tank. That keep me out of the dog house. Lol[emoji1]

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back