My 220 Miracles Build

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet...so nice to have some movement in the tank! I also used Dr Tims, but added clownfish at the same time for the ammonia source(See Mr Saltwater Tank episode) and all is good 2 years later. I added a couple more fish a few weeks later and then corals with great results. Looking forward to seeing this filled.

eonflux123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. Sorry it's has been a little while life getting in the way. Lol.

It took 6 of us to put the tank on the stand 2 more people would have been nice to have.

Tank has been leveled and waiting for the cover. The sump is in place and I am starting to dry fit plumbing.

20180202_162343.jpg
20180202_162351.jpg
20180202_162407.jpg
20180202_162413.jpg
Tank looks amazing! What is the drain on the back wall in the center? I was guessing a Closed Loop inlet but it does not appear to be that.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks amazing! What is the drain on the back wall in the center? I was guessing a Closed Loop inlet but it does not appear to be that.
Thanks. That was drilled for a closed loop/drain and fill for water changes. The truth is I didn't figure my measurements out right when I designed the room and it was tight in space but I did stub it out and capped it on the manifold for the pump. Which brings me to the next hold back. I had an ecotech L1i was going to use and I decided to use it for a back pump. The budget didn't allow for what I really want which is an Abyzz 200. I am now saving up for the new pump and will have it by 2019. Hopefully. Lol

eonflux123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. That was drilled for a closed loop/drain and fill for water changes. The truth is I didn't figure my measurements out right when I designed the room and it was tight in space but I did stub it out and capped it on the manifold for the pump. Which brings me to the next hold back. I had an ecotech L1i was going to use and I decided to use it for a back pump. The budget didn't allow for what I really want which is an Abyzz 200. I am now saving up for the new pump and will have it by 2019. Hopefully. Lol
Very cool! How big was that drain? In a few years I am going to be building my own peninsula tank with a closed loop and am gathering "intel"!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back