My 240g Tank Build thread

acan.jpg

acan2.jpg

jokerswildfavia.jpg

micromussa.jpg

prismfavia.jpg
 
no pics but I got the 50l plumbed up as the remote dsb

So far it has 160lbs of sand in it
icon_smile.gif


NextReef Monster reactors are cleaned and ready to plumb up on the new system.
 
very nice setup! quick question how would you get to the backside of your tank? is there a door i dont see?
 
no different than a tank up against the wall :) all equipment is downstairs. the stain glass is removable and I have access from the sides. I will be able to unlock the windows behind and get in behind the tank that way.
 
Equipment:
AquaMedic turboflotor 5000 Single
Reef Octopus Calcium Reactor CR-140 Dual Chamber
Reef Fanatic PH Controller
NextReef MR1 Monster Media Reactor
Gen-X PCX55 (return pump, remote DSB feed, reactor feed)
Panworld 100PX-X (feed for skimmer and frag tank)
Neptune AC Jr. controlling lights and moonlights and heater (1x500w).
Digital Aqautics RK2 controlling pumps and heater (2x300w).

Lighting:
1x 175w XM20k over frag tank with spider reflector
3x 250w Hamilton 14k over display with "LumenArc mini"
4x 4ft vho (2x 454, 2x Super Act) on Icecap 660
4x LED kit for AC Jr with lunar sim.

Circulation (intank):
2x Tunze 6125
2x Vortech MP40w
1x Tunze Wavebox 6212
2x Korallia P4
1x Korallia P1 in frag tank

tankdrywalled.jpg
 
Last edited:
NextReef MR-1 Monster reactors
attachment.php

Octopus Dual CaRx and Reef Fanatic pH controller
attachment.php

Remote DSB
attachment.php

Auto topoff - gravity feed
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • carxphcontrol.jpg
    carxphcontrol.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 545
  • remotedsb.jpg
    remotedsb.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 515
  • topoff.jpg
    topoff.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 478
Frames and "Stained" glass are almost done. I need to grout the last 2 tomorrow night and then get them installed Tuesday. I should be able to do a final sand on the wall tomorrow as well, then start to paint.
 
Last edited:
one panel grouted. i broke the backing piece on the other one... yeah... I glued it back together and may be ok once it is grouted. I just have to be REALLY careful when framing it. after that I should be fine. but dang!

So tonight after polishing the grout residue from the good piece and framing it I will have 2 done.

No work was done to the wall last night unfortunately :(
 
all three panels complete!
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • stainglass.jpg
    stainglass.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 497
Is your pH really at 7.21, or is that just measuring the effluent from your reactor?
 
I think I have a ground loop from the pc connection. I may have to bite the bullet and get a ground isolator to fix it.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new