My 240g Tank Build thread

well...that makes no sense to me at all...but at least your tank isn't RO water :)
 
First I need to calibrate the probe, I did not do this when I got this setup used so I don't know how old it is either...
From Neptune's site:

5. Why are the pH and ORP readings on my AquaController are inaccurate or erratic?
If the serial cable is to be permanently attached between the AquaController and the PC, a Ground Isolated Serial Connector (SERIPC9) is recommended. The isolator will eliminate potential ground loops between the AquaController and the PC. Grounds loops may cause erratic and inaccurate pH and ORP readings. The ground isolated serial connector is available from either your local aquarium shop or from Neptune Systems directly
 
Makes a little more sense. I'll trust that the people at Neptune know what they're about :)
 
at 9:30 cst tonight, approx 25 mins from now, stick your hand in the tank and wave! lol
 
status page is up:
LegoZ's Reef Tank
rc_LegoZ81_sig.png

So thats your tank live? Pretty sweet man. Wish I could do that with mine!

On another note the tank looks a little dark over on your rock pile where most of your corals are, whats up with that?
 
Yes tank view is live. I think there is a 5 second delay or so is all.
Lights are currently off that is just natural lighting coming in thru the windows. The lights start coming on 3p CST and stage on left to right in 15 minute increments. The VHO come on at 5p.
 
Last edited:
attachment.php

One of the future projects will to be finish cleaning up the wires :D
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0932_1024.jpg
    IMG_0932_1024.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Yes tank view is live. I think there is a 5 second delay or so is all.
Lights are currently off that is just natural lighting coming in thru the windows. The lights start coming on 3p CST and stage on left to right in 15 minute increments. The VHO come on at 5p.

All very awesome man. I think that the live cam/the stained glass is great. The only thing I would have done different is to have had easier access to the back of the tank.
 
personally I am happy with this setup as I have access from the front, sides and rear. with the canopy on my old tank that basically was not removable due to the weight/size and all of the lighting, i only had access from the front. so in all reality this is better than the last setup :D
 
boy if that's really your excuse, someone needs to start working out.

:p

j/k buddy
 
dude the canopy is out in the open so you can come try to pick it up! lol
 
finished sanding and primed wall! :D

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • wall primer.jpg
    wall primer.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 383
Stained glass looks great. Which vho do you like better super actinic or 454?
 
454 as it is SO crazy blue! but the super act still brings things to the party for greens and yellows.
 
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 240paint.jpg
    240paint.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3,994

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new