OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't a big fan of the height of the tank. I would have preferred something longer in length, i think.
I know what you mean even the 20 gal AOI long looks awesome., more swim room.

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let the stress begin!! We are going on vacation for 3 days and I am stressing really bad. My good friend will come over and top off as needed and take care of lighting and make sure tempature is good. Will not have her feed them, plan to give them s good feeding tomorrow and same when I get back. But I have never left this tank, last November I left for 5 days and my 8 gallon nano was a sorry sight. My husband was in charge but I have to say it really wasn't his fault. Let's just say my peppermint shrimp decided to feast on my star fish and my PJ Cardinal disappeared never to be seen. What a mess. So for those who read this cross your fingers, say a little prayer to fish gods, cause I'm going to need it!!!:(

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let the stress begin!! We are going on vacation for 3 days and I am stressing really bad. My good friend will come over and top off as needed and take care of lighting and make sure tempature is good. Will not have her feed them, plan to give them s good feeding tomorrow and same when I get back. But I have never left this tank, last November I left for 5 days and my 8 gallon nano was a sorry sight. My husband was in charge but I have to say it really wasn't his fault. Let's just say my peppermint shrimp decided to feast on my star fish and my PJ Cardinal disappeared never to be seen. What a mess. So for those who read this cross your fingers, say a little prayer to fish gods, cause I'm going to need it!!!:(
Good luck!!!

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had better luck not touching the tank for a few days than letting someone "help" while your gone. Invest in a ATO system. 3 days without food won't hurt.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with reeferfoxx. ATO is so much easier and means up to a week with no topoff depending on size of container.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sooooo feel your PAIN!!! :(

I am going to be gone from 07/01-07/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:confused:
I have a friend coming over to take of my salt tank, baby mollie salt tank, and the 3 freshie tanks plus the dragons!!!

I am assuming my 'freak out' will start this coming Monday!!! :confused:

I have an ATO so not really worried about that ... but OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my next investment for sure , thanks everyone.

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sooooo feel your PAIN!!! :(
I am going to be gone from 07/01-07/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:confused: I am assuming my 'freak out' will start this coming Monday!!! :confused:

I have an ATO so not really worried about that ... but OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think I could handle that long right now, at least you have FishBF!!! And I'll only be 3 hrs away, but that could seem like lifetime if she calls and says something really bad has happened:eek::(

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I could handle that long right now, at least you have FishBF!!! And I'll only be 3 hrs away, but that could seem like lifetime if she calls and says something really bad has happened:eek::(
Yes, the FishBF will be on stand by! I have already spoken to him!!! My friend will have him on speed dial and anything that isn't right he will place the 911 to the FishBF right away!!!

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the FishBF will be on stand by! I have already spoken to him!!! My friend will have him on speed dial and anything that isn't right he will place the 911 to the FishBF right away!!!
Maybe I'll place an add on CL for a FishBF, lol, lol, lol, lol:p

Agamerce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prob one thing I have going for me is the tank location is underground in the game room so no TO concerns yet. No external doors or windows nearby.

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prob one thing I have going for me is the tank location is underground in the game room so no TO concerns yet. No external doors or windows nearby.
Nice, our house is all windows so I didn't have a choice. But the views are beautiful so wouldn't want it any other way. Trade offs we have to make:D but I've always wanted a basement so I could have a fish room!!!

Agamerce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've seen you have a very nice one too! I love the dragonet. Maybe I will have one in few months [emoji41]

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back