My 30 gal. Jbj rl has arrived !!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well my 30 gallon jbj was delivered today and I am so excited, couldn't wait for my husband to come home to bring it in the house so I called my father in law and we somehow got it in. Stand was delivered last week so my thread has begun, for some of you that don't know I am going from an 8 gallon rimless to this. All I can say is I'm addicted to this hobby and LOVE my sea creatures. Thanks to everyone who has helped me here since I joined this wonderful forum and boy will I need help now. :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! I absolutely love this tank ( I had one recently but upgraded to the 45 gal).

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes in a year I have gone from a 20 to 30 and now 45. The JBJ rimless are sleek and sharp looking tanks. The Vortect Mp10-20 are perfect for this tank.

I spy a Boston butt. :) In images 1 and 2.

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes in a year I have gone from a 20 to 30 and now 45. The JBJ rimless are sleek and sharp looking tanks. The Vortect Mp10-20 are perfect for this tank.

I spy a Boston butt. :) In images 1 and 2.
Oh yes he's patrolling his yard, lol. What lighting are you using?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydr 52 LED. It really is a great light for that tank as well, it has to be mounted parallel to the front rim to get best spread.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here're the list of equipment I am using for my tank
Powerhead: Jebao RW-4 (2 of them)
Heater: Any heater just make sure you get 2 in case one fails
Media Basket: Stock 1) turned it into a refugium growing chaeto 2) filled it with Seachem Matrix
Magnafuge LED by innovative marine (for refugium)
Media Reactor: Innovative Marine minimax "Medium size" reactors X 2: 1) running carbon from BRS 2) running bioplastic from two fishes
Protein Skimmer: Tunze 9004
Lighting: Kessil A360 + A160
DIY Screen top: package 1/8" from BRS

Not sure exactly what's helping my tank stay clean, could be one of the equipment or perhaps a combination of all but I must tell ya, I didn't experience any diatom, green algae or cyano bacteria bloom since I set up my system, just minor algae in the glass which is very normal for any tank.

Hope this helps and PM me anytime if you need more assistance ;)

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here're the list of equipment I am using for my tank
Powerhead: Jebao RW-4 (2 of them)
Heater: Any heater just make sure you get 2 in case one fails
Media Basket: Stock 1) turned it into a refugium growing chaeto 2) filled it with Seachem Matrix
Magnafuge LED by innovative marine (for refugium)
Media Reactor: Innovative Marine minimax "Medium size" reactors X 2: 1) running carbon from BRS 2) running bioplastic from two fishes
Protein Skimmer: Tunze 9004
Lighting: Kessil A360 + A160
DIY Screen top: package 1/8" from BRS

Not sure exactly what's helping my tank stay clean, could be one of the equipment or perhaps a combination of all but I must tell ya, I didn't experience any diatom, green algae or cyano bacteria bloom since I set up my system, just minor algae in the glass which is very normal for any tank.

Hope this helps and PM me anytime if you need more assistance ;)
Thanks Brian, really appreciate all this!!!

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
So the stand has been put together, light arrived today, waiting for the gooseneck , came from another place. Ordered the screen for the top today from BRS and getting ready to set it up. Wow don't ask me why but I am nervous!!! Any thoughts ??

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
160 is nice but should have gone 360. Great light
Yeah after I bought it I thought the same thing, well I'll see, might have to send it back to Amazon or buy another one. :confused:

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Did you know you can peel off the black film on the back of the tank? In case you decide to convert one of the chamber into a refugium later on.
Better do it now before you fill it up with water or just leave it as is if you are not planning on having a refugium. :)

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Did you know you can peel off the black film on the back of the tank? In case you decide to convert one of the chamber into a refugium later on.
Better do it now before you fill it up with water or just leave it as is if you are not planning on having a refugium. :)
No I didn't !!! Thank you cause yes that's what I plan to do, have one that is, like I said earlier I'm nervous :rolleyes: but kind of in a good way. As always thanks for your help:)

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcome, you can just peel off the portion of the chamber for fuge or the whole back. Make sure you use a blade to peel off and also make a cut using blade and a ruler to mark where you are peeling, that way you won't make the same mistake I did and end up peeling the sides lol

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg, wish you lived in Virginia beach, I'd hire you for my saltwater tank consultant:D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back