My 340 gallon Tang tank

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hear is a video of my 340 gallon acrylic I built myself. Right now I have 3 hippos,4 yellow, 3 naso, 2 dejardini and one pacific sailfin, a powered blue, 1 scopus, 1 purple, 1 vlamingi , 1 sohal, plus there is a foxface ,2 Niger triggers, 1 copperband , 2 regular clown, 2 maroon, 1 clarki, a melanarus wrasse and a cleaner wrasse. Here's a vid I did a day or so ago.

OP
OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish!! How's the bioload with that many fish?
Insane lol. I used to rely mainly on an algae scrubber I built for a 300 gallon plywood tank I built but my bioload in this tank is bout triple at least but I never noticed how high my nutrient levels were getting until a few months ago. At that point I changed from a scrubbe to a 135 gallon sump pretty much totally lit to grow cheato. It's been slowly lowering my nutrients but in order to get a jump I've been doing huge water changes using natural sea water and it's made a huge difference. Now I'm down more to acceptable levels. Now I'm hoping the cheato keeps up better but I plan on doing at least a 250 gallon water change to this system once a month as that's what I can haul in one trip. There is also a 150 gallon and a 50 gallon tank plumbed in along with my 135 sump. I believe I've got close to 600 gsllons in my system. Anyway. With this many fish it's been a challenge but I wouldn't have it any other way! I also built a sand filter to help remove detritus and keep my water crystal clear. I used to use filter socks but do I ever hate cleaning them. My sand filter is way easier to clean. Just open and close a few valves to backflush and it's done. It helps with bioload as it catches all the crap floating around.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Very nice video and your tank and tangs are beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.:)

Dwb5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really cool man. You should be proud of that for sure! I'm hoping to start one at the first for the year, is why I'm asking. I trying to see what size I want to make it. I want 350+ gal. for sure.:) I really like your tank!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hear is a video of my 340 gallon acrylic I built myself. Right now I have 3 hippos,4 yellow, 3 naso, 2 dejardini and one pacific sailfin, a powered blue, 1 scopus, 1 purple, 1 vlamingi , 1 sohal, plus there is a foxface ,2 Niger triggers, 1 copperband , 2 regular clown, 2 maroon, 1 clarki, a melanarus wrasse and a cleaner wrasse. Here's a vid I did a day or so ago.

Awesome I love it! Do you have a tank thread here at R2R yet? ;)

OP
OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%

Back