My 40 gallon cube reef tank

Questions for yall !!

should i be conserned if my hermits are walking over my zoas ? they seem to really like them have seen any nip them but they just are walking all over them should i be concerned ?
 
Okay sooooo tested my tank today I still have a small algae problem been doin more water changes and not sure why my phosphates are soooo high ! That’s probaly the cause of my algae
Sp.g 1.025
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 20
Nitrite 0
Ph 8.4
Calcium 500
Phosphate 0.25
 
Last edited:
Some updated shots of the tank

F64380C4-E50D-4B29-8824-034EB45C56C9.jpeg 363E17D7-D88A-4012-8F8B-42BDF980CCDC.jpeg
 
You have the perfect level of nitrates for macroalgae. Do you have chaeto or any other macroalgae in your tank? They eat up some phosphates, but I do not know how much. I got macroalgae because I love plants. I don't have any fish that eat my plants, so they are doing really well. Nitrates and phosphates help microalgae to grow, so my plants help me with those nuisance algae. It looks as if you may have some sea lettuce already growing (in one of your tank shots).

IMG_3025.JPG
 
If you think you'd like macroalgae as much as I do, then you might try some red gracilaria in your tank. It's grows pretty well for me. There's pretty much always some on Ebay.
 
If you think you'd like macroalgae as much as I do, then you might try some red gracilaria in your tank. It's grows pretty well for me. There's pretty much always some on Ebay.
I’ll have to check it out on pay day lol
 
Well my light controller for my kessile just fell into the tank !!! Now it’s in rice ugh .....
Light are on and off now straight to 60 -70 % intensity !!! I hope this doesn’t shock the corals since there more used to the sunrise sun set setting
 
Questions for yall !!

should i be conserned if my hermits are walking over my zoas ? they seem to really like them have seen any nip them but they just are walking all over them should i be concerned ?
My hermits scavenge over everything. The only thing they hurt are the snails, RIP. I once caught a Caulastrea eating a hermit that thought he could simply walk up and steal food bits out of its mouth. Tough lesson learned.
 
Just added some gfo from Koehler labs .....

Hopefully it’ll Lower my phosphates a little I am also gonna run some carbon through my tank to just clear up some discoloring in the water in hopes to fix my algae issue
 
So I decided to run polishing pads and the carbon and gfo in a external canister filter hopefully that’ll help a little with not only more water volume but more filtration I will be adding bio media to it and more filter Pads for mechanical filtration
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new