My 40 gallon mixed reef

OckMed

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is about 1 year old, 40 gallons, HOB Aquaclear 500, HOB skimmer and 2 power heads. The lighting is coralife PC with sunpaq bulbs. There are lots of different corals in it form acans to zoa's, SPS to chalices. Please share your thoughts and questions.


628-new-tank-shot.jpg
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/members/ockmed/albums/tank-shot/628-new-tank-shot.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sorry about pic size working with IPhone only, but I like your setup and everything looks nice. I will do sand in next tank. I'm working with same type equip, 2 HOB filters, skimmer, two power heads, upgraded from CF to 4x39w T-5's, 2 700nm, 2 420/460 actincs, n everything loved it and started growing like weeds
 
looking good. I have the same skimmmer and I hate it coralife point of sale. Can any one recomend a good one?
 
I have used a Remora on my sons NC28 for several years now. It is a decent skimmer but nothing to amazing. I was actually considering upgrading it to a Warner marine HOT skimmer soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new