My 4x2x2 120 Gal Build

Not much to report, aiptasia is gone for the most part. Lost some of the more prized zoa's over it due to aips and everything else. I guess this time the klein stays, also the new heinochus helped loads as well with aiptasia eradication and seems to be less of a coral nipper.

FTS:
PXL_20231021_152301698.jpg
Your tank looks nicer and sounds more pleasant to care for than mine at the moment!

Also gorgeous butterflies, great choice on both. ;)
 
Your tank looks nicer and sounds more pleasant to care for than mine at the moment!

Also gorgeous butterflies, great choice on both. ;)
Life has been hell the past month or so, so I've been neglecting the tank more than I should be, but I'm trying to change that...

Eh, the Klein was a necessity as the aiptasia was out of hand, had 100's of them. The heinochus was a kinda trade for the sailfin heifer. My poor ratty LFS is good about that, got some dry flake and a few other small things thrown in as well. Upside, sailfin didn't even last a week @ the LFS. Another regular that I know with a 270g took it home to his tang-a-palooza tank.
 
I need to keep up better. Been busy a few months with watching my dad slowly loosing his battle with Parkinson's and now combined with Alzheimer's... A bit of traveling (London, Paris, Roatan Honduras, USVI), and in general life happening.

Here is a clip of my rock tossing Coris wrasse, still a looker, but man frags and small rocks don't last, lol!

Yeah I know about the spot of HLLE on the purple, but I'm trying to stuff him with good food to get rid of it (or at least not let it get worse).

 
This thread hasn't seen a bit of light in a bit. Tank was going great until now, but it's going to be broken down and livestock sold off. Moving back to my old place a few blocks from the beach as my dad passed earlier in the year and now priorities & life are shifting.
 
This thread hasn't seen a bit of light in a bit. Tank was going great until now, but it's going to be broken down and livestock sold off. Moving back to my old place a few blocks from the beach as my dad passed earlier in the year and now priorities & life are shifting.
All the best man. Will you be keeping the 50?
 
This thread hasn't seen a bit of light in a bit. Tank was going great until now, but it's going to be broken down and livestock sold off. Moving back to my old place a few blocks from the beach as my dad passed earlier in the year and now priorities & life are shifting.
So sorry about your loss!
 
Yeah, I have room for it. Gonna cherry pick the livestock I can stuff in the 50 between both tanks and sell off the 120 gear.
Sorry to hear man — all the best. If you need to rehome some big fish, I’m trying to restock some. Good luck with the move!
 
Sorry to hear man — all the best. If you need to rehome some big fish, I’m trying to restock some. Good luck with the move!
We'll talk, trio of Tang's (2 Yellow and a purple with some light HLLE) and a beautiful, fully grown red Coris wrasse... for starters.
 
Last edited:
The End...


1000001351.jpg
That’s a lot of work! Thanks again for the fish to help me rebuild after the velvet disaster. It’s a new beginning for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new