My 4x2x2 120 Gal Build

I haven't done any light spectrum changes since I added the smat farm lights ... Running ABish spectrum on the smat farms and the t5/Alie light bar combo. I'm also more than happy. Its still a bit blue as the T5's are just beginning to ramp up (its 11 a.m. here in CA)

Tha ks about the fish, they are doing good, purple tang had a slight bit of hlle, so I'm combating that.

I can still get IO via my LFS or Petco/Petsmart, but at the now prices, I figured Id try the aqua forest.
How much does IO cost at your pet store? Price and size please.
 
I got an awesome deal on my salt -- $0. :) I do have some salt on the side for emergency but since I don't ever do water changes, you can't beat my price! lol

However, I had to buy 2 buckets of Red Sea blue buckets recently for the 200g build, I know what you mean. Price of salt is ridiculous nowadays!@#$ In fact, you can say that almost everything has gone up across the board: food, gas, utilities, rent, insurance, etc... even my blood pressure has gone up, too!
 
I've cut way back on water changes since I am dosing trace elements now, I had a 160g bucket of IO that lasted 8 months between both tanks, so I cant complain. I was down to a 50g bag (emergency), so figured Id give aquaforest a try.
 
Updates? :)
 
Lol its on auto pilot. Ill get a FTS in a bit, aiptasia is real, lol. So theres that fight. Otherwise its humming for the most part. The sps tank has had more love as of late and my wallet.
 
Lol its on auto pilot. Ill get a FTS in a bit, aiptasia is real, lol. So theres that fight. Otherwise its humming for the most part. The sps tank has had more love as of late and my wallet.
I didn’t know you also had an SPS tank. Is there a link to it? If not, let me see the FTS as well. :)
 
Also, do you have a plan for the aiptasia?
 
Well the time has come, the Sailfin needs to go, posted it up in the livestock section, the aggro and size got to be too much.



I'll miss the heifer.

He’s beautiful, it’s a shame to see him go but Atleast he had a good few years with you :)
 
Bummer — sorry to see her go! Fish trap or net with lots of swearing?

My sailfin is twice as big as yours and she’s been very graceful. I do want to give her more room but it’s going to be impossible to catch her tho.
 
Trap will be the method of madness, it will float right in. Caught it before when I had to get out a rabbitfish after it went aggro as well. Shes tea saucer sized now with the fins out. Past few weeks he/she has suddenly become food aggro and in general a bad resident to her fellow tangs as seen in this video.

Also thinking the small bit of hlle that has recently come up on the purple is due to stress from the Sailfin.
 
Well the time has come, the Sailfin needs to go, posted it up in the livestock section, the aggro and size got to be too much.



I'll miss the heifer.

Your tank will look much more peaceful after removing that fish. I would feel stressed after watching that behavior.
 
Your tank will look much more peaceful after removing that fish. I would feel stressed after watching that behavior.
Eh, fish are being fish. Its more on me that the fish isnt as peaceful as I want due to being stuck in a undersized glass box. Either way the saga will end soon!
 
Eh, fish are being fish. Its more on me that the fish isnt as peaceful as I want due to being stuck in an undersized glass box. Either way the saga will end soon!
Oh. I would be stressed because IMO tangs fighting = Ich outbreak lol

Unless you QT everything.
 
Oh. I would be stressed because IMO tangs fighting = Ich outbreak lol

Unless you QT everything.
I qt nada. Tried it, failed miserably, wont do it again. Didn't qt for the first 20 years of the hobby and realized why bother. Had as many fish deaths with qt as with not. I just feed good food and run a UV 8 hours a day. I also try to source livestock from a good source(s).
 
Not much to report besides fighting with aiptasia, thus no tank shots @ the moment. Had to give up the sailfin tang as it has gotten fat and outright mean to the purple & yellows.

Upside my LFS gave me this beautiful fish in trade!
 
Not much to report, aiptasia is gone for the most part. Lost some of the more prized zoa's over it due to aips and everything else. I guess this time the klein stays, also the new heinochus helped loads as well with aiptasia eradication and seems to be less of a coral nipper.

FTS:
PXL_20231021_152301698.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new