My 50 Gallon breeder

quickreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
422
Reaction score
65
Location
Macomb twp. Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after two years in this up and down roller coaster of a hobby I feel my tank is finally looking good enough to start a tank thread so here it is with some pics of the whole system.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389056254.576288.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389056307.536472.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389056282.824286.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389056348.894701.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1389056327.767417.jpg
 
Looking very nice!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Can you tell us a bit about your setup?
 
Well my tank is a 50 gallon breeder with a DIY sump that was originally 10 gallon and 5 months ago made a 20 gallon. I use a protein skimmer can remember the brand pretty decent one. I use LEDs originally ecoxotic but 5-6 months ago invested in a evergrow it2080 and couldn't be happier I have this thing very turned down and it's still bleaching corals at the top. I use a jaebo wp40 for flow and seems to be a pretty darn good product
 
Ya for sure my bad.

2 fire fish one purple one regular
1 sailfin tang
1 diamond goby
1 female blac and white occ clown
1 make black ice occ clown
1 large blue leg hermit
1 large Halloween hermit
1 cleaner shrimp
A lot of small hermit and snail
 
Great job! Got some nice corals growing in there. ;)
 
Very nice looking tank.
 
Some updates bc I haven't posted in a long time... got into breeding and lost my drive for my corals then they stopped and I was running into problems with algae because the tank was divided with egg crate Covered with screen so I sold my picasso pair and removed the divider and my tank is finally back to par...well maybe sub par... enjoy the photos!!!!!
 
Couple pictures
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1421286539263.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421286539263.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 187
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421286571382.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421286571382.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 192
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421286620564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421286620564.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 240
Some more
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1421289279116.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421289279116.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 244
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421289360480.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421289360480.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 178
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421289399283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421289399283.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 182
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421289437391.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421289437391.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 174
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421289473175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421289473175.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 242

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new