Rating - 0%
0   0   0

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, I still would like to come see it in person, and also try out the chair :)

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometime soon bro.... Making a table for tank area to hang at, as soon as that's done I'll start having ppl over! Your first in line... :)

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well pulled the trigger on a new chiller today! So looks like I have a weekend project! I also have two vectra L1 pumps that should be here tomorrow.... So excited to finally get this hooked up! Then I can finish my lights and start adding corals again!

image_zpseu6itfo9.jpg

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to get things going, but need to make an order thru Brs and hit Home Depot for some pvc, so things will probably be on hold until Tuesday or wensday until I can get the things I need.... To be continued .....

image_zpsq8esyajo.jpeg

image_zpsgofwdxg1.jpeg

P.s. This chiller is really nice, and the fittings an bushings they supplied make install look so simple!

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks brother on the thread tip... Those are the adapters for that pump... I just need to find what type of grease to use on the threads, that's what I seen was recommend, but I never seen a particular brand. Has anyone just used Teflon tape?

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wasn't sure with the Britain style threads on the pump if the thread tolerance was too tight for the tape.... I guess I'll find out o_O

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if you could tell me what kind of scraper you used on that oak. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it looks. I would like to do somthing similar, but use thin Guage sheet metal with a rusty patina, and then put a clear coat over it to keep the rust from getting to the point that it starts to flake.

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if you could tell me what kind of scraper you used on that oak. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it looks. I would like to do somthing similar, but use thin Guage sheet metal with a rusty patina, and then put a clear coat over it to keep the rust from getting to the point that it starts to flake.

For sure bro ... That would look awesome...! I really appreciate the compliments too! Here is a link to the tool I used.... I have 2 of them and would consider selling one.... Save you some money cause they are pricey, but this was the only place I found them .... http://hardwoodindustryproducts.com

So the secrets out now!!! :)

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well waiting on Brs order to arrive before I can install pumps and chiller.... So I had ordered some led lights for fish room because I don't have a light in the room.... I'm not sure how much light they will give off, but there mainly used for when I have to go into the room after hours.... So I think they will be perfect.....

image_zpsmxvtcpsk.jpeg

image_zpsvgiyhj0v.jpeg

I'm also in the process of getting all the cords up out of the way, and putting in my 8" vent and fan for humidity control.... That's gonna make a mess so I'll need help with that.... Onward!

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well pulled the trigger on a new chiller today! So looks like I have a weekend project! I also have two vectra L1 pumps that should be here tomorrow.... So excited to finally get this hooked up! Then I can finish my lights and start adding corals again!

image_zpseu6itfo9.jpg

You know it's a big tank when the chiller's box says 'Commercial Grade' lol. Nice!

Build coming along nicely! :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back