OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well started plumbing vectra return pumps in... I have one on my return and one on my closed loop. I decided to start with the return section .... I also redid my drain lines ... I got everything plumbed in and seems to be ok... I will know more when I have a full amount of water to run the pump at its max setting..... I gotta say... This pump is DEAD silent.... Holy cow..... I can't believe it.... I can't wait to see how it puts out.....

Here's a comparison .. I have extreme doubts that the flow will come close after looking at this picture....
image_zpssyogkodh.jpeg

Before I had the reeflo returning to the tank with 3 1" return lines ... Now it is plumber down to 5 3/4" return lines... This will also power my chiller 10' above the tank and drain back down .... Will see how it dose ... I may need 2 vectra l1s for the return and one for the closed loop....

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing how the Vectra holds up, I've heard only positive things, and it looks like you will be putting it to the test

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unbelievable .... I'll post a video of flow, and the decibel difference after things are finished

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, based on your old 245 this new 560 is going to be epic! So many thriving acros and it shows you have the skills and potential. Just curious, I couldn't see on the vid but what all were you using for flow (seemed like some nice strong flow) and what lighting did you go with? Thanks

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a very nice tank. Looks like had mp's if you look good you can see them in the vid when he gives you the view from the sides.

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gettareef I was using 2 mp 60 on that tank... I loved the flow! My return pump was a ree flo barracuda .... For lighting I ran 3 250w halides with radium bulbs and also an icecap 660 with 5' vho super atinics

I appreciate the kind words! I can't wait to finally grow a tank out again.... A friend of mine took frags of everything before I shut it down so I have a lot of things coming my way when my tank stabilizes over the next few months.... I had 90 different sps corals in there...20 different favias and a bunch of chalices... I really can't wait to have some color back in there!

thenissantech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's gonna be built into wall so I have access from small fish room. 70x30x24 breaking ground here soon hopefully within the next month. Here's a few pics to give you an idea

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome man! Looks like a great spot for the tank... Your other stand on the 90 looks great! Let me know if u have any questions about the tank,any info I can help you with I will... Thanks for following along bro!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been about 8 months since I have seen your build. The millwork turn out great, and the system look to be really doing well. Nice to see the posts

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your thread and @d2mini builds have been a major source of information and motivation. @Diesel has an amazing build too. It will be a big upgrade from my 90 gallon tank

image.jpg

Glad to hear that I made a difference in your inspiration on your new build.
Question me in anything how I can help out to let that build go smoothly and successful and I'm sure others will do the same.
So far it looks all well planned.

thenissantech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that I made a difference in your inspiration on your new build.
Question me in anything how I can help out to let that build go smoothly and successful and I'm sure others will do the same.
So far it looks all well planned.
Thank you. I will definetly be in touch to get your expert opinion!

That's awesome man! Looks like a great spot for the tank... Your other stand on the 90 looks great! Let me know if u have any questions about the tank,any info I can help you with I will... Thanks for following along bro!

Thanks for the kind words.

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let me start off by saying I've been in this hobby since 2004 a long time now that I think about it. My first ever tank was a 75 gallon with a hang on the back filter that I had moderate success with. It seems like every time we move we decide to upgrade our tanks, so as I moved around I also had, a 120g, 60 cube , my most recent 245 gallon. Well the time has come again as I have finally got the chance to move into my first house that I will own. So with that comes... "THE UPGRADE!"

I have plenty of space to house my new aquarium in my dining room is where I like to keep them and this fits well at the new place as I can see it from the kitchen, living room and throught the house. I chose to go through miracles for this tank as its so massive I couldn't get Steve at Great Lakes Aquariumsicon to build it, he just didn't have the room. He will be building my Sump however.

The new aquarium will be 10 feet long, 36 inches wide and 30" tall. I have dreamed about this tank for a long time and never had the space for it. Well I finally do. It will be Starfire front and left side, it will have an external overflow box with 4- 2" drains. There will be 5-1" returns along the back bottom, and 4 1" returns across the front. I had the back done in black vinyl as well as the right side and bottom. I will be going bare bottom in this setup.

As far as flow I plan to run my barracuda gold return wide open, currently I run it at half throttle on my current setup, all my equitment is house in the basement now, it will not be for the new setup. I will be putting a fish room behind the tank, unfortunatly it will be small so I will really have to think my setup out more on that later.

For flow I will run between 4-6 mp60s

Lighting will be 5-6 400 w radiums on lumatek ballasts , I may run 3, 400s and 2 250s for now as that's what I have. I will also be running t5 on icecap ballast

Skimming will be left up to my trusty bubble king 300 delux internal.

Of course I will be running the apex as well.... Loads more of things to come along the way, I'll be posting some pictures up shortly.....

The aquarium should be ready sometime in the next few weeks[/QUOTE what's making you go bare bottom for

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back