My 57 Rimless

David M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, great looking tank! Love the detail. I'm starting to wish I went a little more minimalistic on my rock after seeing yours. Looks great man.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly debated hard because of that. The way I see it I spend a lot on everything else to have the best for my corals. $200 every 2 months is worth it if I get the growth and color I'm looking for.

Hello,

Great looking setup. I love the clean and simple design. You meant to say 12 months and not 2, correct?

I figured it was a misprint as there is no reason to replace bulbs every 2 months.

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the kind comments. I never thought I'd be one to get comments like this when I started out in the hobby three years ago. I love my tank, but I always look at some of these tanks that have amazing SPS colonies or eye pooping LPS and strive to get my tank to look like them. In this hobby there are constant struggle. I don't think there is a tank out there that's doesn't need some tweaking. Like right now my ALk, Calc, and Mag is low and I can't figure out why and it's effecting the color of the corals. It's can be very frustrating; also enjoyable because we are trying to keep a very delicate system in our home. These comment keep me motivated to keep learning and improving my tank in hope to look like the ones that inspire me.

Also sorry to keep you hanging. I ran out of time to take photos. I will tomorrow. I have to say @VividAquariums has always been one of my favorite online stores to order from. Someday I'll make it to the west coast to see there store and that amazing 800 gallon tank.

Have a good night all!!!

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Great looking setup. I love the clean and simple design. You meant to say 12 months and not 2, correct?

I figured it was a misprint as there is no reason to replace bulbs every 2 months.

Awe yes 12 months. I certainly would have switched if that was the case.

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very rare you receive a gift that can last a decade and bring joy to your life on a daily basis. Well this year my fiancee did just that by getting me this Yellow Eye Kole Tang for Christmas from Vivid Aquarium!!!

IMG_9857.jpg

IMG_9873.jpg

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you getting on with your Kole Tang? I bought one recently for my similar sized tank and had to take him bk, because he bullied the hell out of my other fish. Also, why did you sell your radions?

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you getting on with your Kole Tang? I bought one recently for my similar sized tank and had to take him bk, because he bullied the hell out of my other fish. Also, why did you sell your radions?

It's doing great. I'm not having any issues with the other fish. He follows my Ornate Leopard Wrasse around as if the OLW is it's mother. It's very cute. He or she is very small. Less then 2" so maybe that's why I'm not having any issues or it could be the rest of the fish are mostly wrasse.

I sold the Radions because I wanted to try T5s. I wasn't seeing the growth I wanted. That could be due to a lot of things, but my water perimeters seem good. With the Radions there are so many different ways to run them. The T5s you can only control what bulbs you use and the lighting period. So really plug and play.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, I love the simplicity of it I'm getting ready to start a bigger tank, not as big as yours but looking at your pictures, And videos which are beautiful btw, has given me a lot of ideas. :)

OP
OP
rboutin111

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, I love the simplicity of it I'm getting ready to start a bigger tank, not as big as yours but looking at your pictures, And videos which are beautiful btw, has given me a lot of ideas. :)

Thank you. That's great to hear. What size are you going with? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at a 30 gallon nano reef from a 8 gallon nano reef, lol , I have a fresh water tank with dwarf puffer fish which I love but this is my first time expierence with saltwater and am loving every minute of it but I must admit it gets confusing at times, I watch alot of you tube videos and read a lot of the forums here and have posted threads and everyone has been so helpful but I know im going to need a lot of help setting this new one up, so any advice you have would be great.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back