My 57 Rimless

image.jpeg

Picture is not of an emerald but the same applies.
Male:
image.jpeg

Female:
image.jpeg
 
If you plan to upgrade you could get a smaller one. I'm going from the same size tank to a 120.
 
If you plan to upgrade you could get a smaller one. I'm going from the same size tank to a 120.

I do plan to upgrade to a 200 in 2 years. Do they grow quickly?

I think I'll try the emerald crabs first. If the don't work I'll see if Vivid Aquariums can get a small one for me. Do you know if the one spot foxface eats them as well? They don't get as big.
 
Not sure on the one spot. Mine has grown some since I got him like four months ago. But it's not substantial growth. He is just slightly larger than the flame fin tang I have.
 
Have you thought about a sea urchin to help with the algae. I had a major outbreak in my 15 AIO tank. I posted a thread got some suggestions which ensued a trip to my LFS. Sea Urchin has been in my tank 2 days and it is like a lawn mower!
 
Have you thought about a sea urchin to help with the algae. I had a major outbreak in my 15 AIO tank. I posted a thread got some suggestions which ensued a trip to my LFS. Sea Urchin has been in my tank 2 days and it is like a lawn mower!

I have a Tuxedo Urchin. What type do you have? Does it each bubble algae?
 
That's great to hear. I made my own rail kit using aluminum screen frame. You can get it at almost any hardware store. I have photos of my in the beginning of this tread.
Cool!

Since I had such a good experience with Ecotech I decided to stay loyal to them and buy their stuff[emoji3]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new