jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday afternoon

Reporting for the mad labs and reef location office tank.:rolleyes::D

Ok, the tank stirr- I am happy to report that was a success and the the tank is clearer with no stress to the system, even some of the nusine algae is gone plus the tiny bit of cyano that was coming back.

Testing. I have been running a test with the Hanna checkers and why my measurement are sometimes off. My conclusion, do not reuse the tips, syringes because leftover reagent is in the tips and dries inside the tips between test, clean the calcium test piperator tip with ro/di before pulling a sample same as the reagent tips, drying a evaporation and dry will throw of the testing. Better yet source new pipeartor tips and toss them after each test. Tips are $13.00 (Don I got it right:D:D) for 1000. As far as 1ml/cc syringes 6.95 per 100.

Plan, purchase two adjustable pipettes and tips. one 10 to 1000ul and 1 to 10 ml. Yes this is over board but more toys

I also decided to stick with my DOS instead of getting a different AWC even though the DOS in noise and click. I read up on how to solve the clicks. Reason I like the control ability, and new heads every 6 months you a year are better than guessing

I am still waiting for the Kore 7th and this is when I think I will change to the Kore 7th for the AWC.

I know you have been waiting for my parameters and wait no more
Ca 436
Mg 1500, ;Punch;Punch salifert test kit will be replace soon. always tested high
Alk 8.4
Phosphates .05 going to dose my go to lanthanum chloride
Nitrates 2.5 to 5 and one more stirr
Salinity 34 DT
NSW 33

Burt it now attacking the syringe when I take samples in the DT, Hunter is close behind.
IMG_5385.JPG
IMG_5386.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bert the trigger? ( Im jealous) who's Ernie? BTW tanks looking good.

Yes, Bert the trigger. Erine will will not happen. I had Fred and Ethel, and Ethel the hippo is one of the originals I started with and is still here.

Thank you for the compliments, the left side needs work. I have 5 WWC slimer frag that need a home.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday afternoon

Reporting for the mad labs and reef location office tank.:rolleyes::D

Ok, the tank stirr- I am happy to report that was a success and the the tank is clearer with no stress to the system, even some of the nusine algae is gone plus the tiny bit of cyano that was coming back.

Testing. I have been running a test with the Hanna checkers and why my measurement are sometimes off. My conclusion, do not reuse the tips, syringes because left of reagent is in the tips and dries inside the tips between test, clean the calcium test piperator tip with ro/di before pulling a sample. Better yet source new pipeartor tips and toss them after each test. Tips are $13.00 (Don I got it right:D:D) for 1000. As far as 1ml/cc syringes 6.95 per 100.

Plan, purchase two adjustable pipettes and tips. one 10 to 1000ul and 1 to 10 ml. Yes this is over board but more toys

I also decided to stick with my DOS instead of getting a different AWC even though the DOS in noise and click. I read up on how to solve the clicks. Reason I like the control ability, and new heads every 6 months you a year are better than guessing

I am still waiting for the Kore 7th and this is when I think I will change to the Kore 7th for the AWC.

I know you have been waiting for my parameters and wait no more
Ca 436
Mg 1500, ;Punch;Punch salifert test kit will be replace soon. always tested high
Alk 8.4
Nitrates 2.5 to 5 and one more stirr
Salinity 34 DT
NSW 33

Burt it now attacking the syringe when I take samples in the DT, Hunter is close behind.
IMG_5385.JPG
IMG_5386.JPG

You do know that when a fish touches your tip, it throws off your test results! Lol

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do know that when a fish touches your tip, it throws off your test results! Lol

;Hilarious;HilariousGive me a week, I will figure out the answer;Jawdrop;):D There is someone here that works for NASA on the Mars rover project. Time to put in the call.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Hilarious;HilariousGive me a week, I will figure out the answer;Jawdrop;):D There is someone here that works for NASA on the Mars rover project. Time to put in the call.

They were working on a anti fish tip protector on the ISS! They have to work out the "kinks" first! Lol

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do tell, Im having a problem with my point of sale @.36 and N is 0-2. lost all color in my sps until I got P up to .32 and still no nitrate.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do tell, Im having a problem with my point of sale @.36 and N is 0-2. lost all color in my sps until I got P up to .32 and still no nitrate.

I am going over to your build to sort through your nutrients;):)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It Sunday, Sunday, Sunday and that means nothing:p:D:D

Tested the water today. The system is starting to up take more alk, Ca, and Mg.
Ca 415 dosing 8 ml
Alk 8.1 dosing 16 ml
Mg 1485 not dosing Mg yet but dosing mineral salts and K at 10 ml. My plan is to dose Mg separate when need. once I get things stabilized again then I will mix 3+ with Mg
phosphates .01
Nitrates 5 pm
DT salinity 33
NSW auto water changer 34

Some pictures for My BFFF (best fish female friend) @Chrisfish . Hey girl check out Burt.
The right side of the tank is winning right now.

IMG_5388.JPG

Burt hanging out
IMG_5389.JPG

Ethel and one of the Mumbi twins
IMG_5390.JPG

And Eral
IMG_5391.JPG

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of trigger is that. he is a prize. Left center FTS looks like you sliced out a piece;Woot top pic....

Burt is Niger Trigger. Reef friendly;)

The the farva and the tube got burnt up by the lights before I turned them down, it will grow back.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ca 415 dosing 8 ml
Alk 8.1 dosing 16 ml
Mg 1485 not dosing Mg yet but dosing mineral salts and K at 10 ml. My plan is to dose Mg separate when need. once I get things stabilized again then I will mix 3+ with Mg
phosphates .01
Nitrates 5 pm
DT salinity 33

Some pictures for My BFFF (best fish female friend) @Chrisfish . Hey girl check out Burt.

IMG_5388.JPG

Burt hanging out
IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

And Eral
IMG_5391.JPG

Burt is Beautiful! Go Burt!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ca 415 dosing 8 ml
Alk 8.1 dosing 16 ml
phosphates .01
Nitrates 5 pm
DT salinity 33

IMG_5388.JPG

Burt hanging out
IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

And Eral
IMG_5391.JPG
Tank is looking awesome and Burt has grown!!! Glad to see you quit stirring up the sand :D.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon
Ca 413
Mg 1500 again
Alk 8.0
Phosphates .02
Nitrates 5 ppm
Temp 78.4
Ph 7.84
DT 33 ppt

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you

When the system is at it's best;)
Ca 450
Mg 1400
Alk 8.3
phosphates .03
nitrates 8

Just a bit more adjustment.

My big debate is to lab pipette or not. Yeah, yeah they are toys.

I need to make some edits to the "testing the big 3" in regards to tossing the pipette tips and using new syringes each test with Hanna testers. Since doing this, I am getting consistent test reading of late with the Hanna alk, and Ca;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back