0   0   0
Gorgeous stuff! Is this the ASD?
ASD%20Rainbow_zpskzu0ldts.jpg

reefstacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy..... amazing stuff ALWAYS, probably my personal SPS role model lol. And always more than willing to offer some helpful advice whenever asked, can't thank you enough man!

Speaking of advice Brad, haha, how are you running your t5 supplementation with those Hydras? I think I told you that I have basically the same lighting setup (on a much smaller and way less awesome scale lol), and I'm wondering when they come on in the schedule and how long they stay on for. Thanks brotha!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro, hope your corals are doing well!!

The hydras are on a tank all by themselves. They are the HD (2-26s and 1-52) version and I run them about 10 hours a day. I had issues getting them set up so I just use my apex to turn them on (all plugged into one plug on an EB8) and then off. I don't use the red/green, they are set to zero and the white is about 40% (perfect example, I just tried to open them on my phone and they "can't be found"-I need to call AI)
All the other colors on the left, UV, RB etc are at the max.

The T5s are on 2 other tanks by themselves, no LED compliments.

Basically the lights are as follows
2 tanks T5s 4 blue plus, one figi purple, one actinic (I'm going to replace one with 4 actinic, 1 blue plus and 1 purple)
1 tank -the hydra HD
3 tanks DIY LED.

nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is insane I can't stop looking at the pics. The corals jump off the screen. Very cool and totally fantastic, keep them coming.
Nitro

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically the lights are as follows
2 tanks T5s 4 blue plus, one figi purple, one actinic (I'm going to replace one with 4 actinic, 1 blue plus and 1 purple)
1 tank -the hydra HD
3 tanks DIY LED.

Where is the real tank with 6500 halides and VHO supps? How times have changed, huh?

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did run VHO to supplement my LED when I set up my 400 display (LOL)

I can't believe how different some of the pictures look depending on what device I'm using, I edit on my PC but it's just VGA connector not DVI or HMDI (maybe that's part of the problem). My iPad the last group are very "dull" they are much more vibrant in color depth than those pics but I my cell they seem almost to vibrant.

I'm replacing 2 sumps that are plumbed together with one larger 165 gallon sump, 5 tanks (4 frag and display) are plumed together and the 2 other tanks are QT. In order to do this I'm going to have to take down 2 tanks and move the stand which I figured would be a good time to move the bottom tanks corals to the top so I get some pics :)

I picked up a few new acros at a local swap we had this weekend, Golden Basket put together a first annual and Jason Fox is friends with Rudy so he made an appearance. I grabbed the WWC Pink Panther which looks like it's going to be a winner, also grabbed RR Lady in Pink from a local along with CB malifcient (however it's spelled)

Thanks again for looking/following!

MontiFanatic402

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only hope to have a tank like yours one day.....oh how nice it would be to NOT struggle with sps up's and down's! Your pictures are insane....in the best way possible

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What settings do you run your OR at, if you're still running them?

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your corals and photos are absolutely breathtaking.
Thanks, amateur on the photography but it's getting better with better equipment.

What settings do you run your OR at, if you're still running them?
I'm still running the OR lights- been very please for the past years, I am however going to make a switch to the display later this year ( at least I hope to) to the HydraHD52. I've been running 2-26HDs and 1 -52HD over one of the frag tanks and the colors been real nice and the corals respond well.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, amateur on the photography but it's getting better with better equipment.

I'm still running the OR lights- been very please for the past years, I am however going to make a switch to the display later this year ( at least I hope to) to the HydraHD52. I've been running 2-26HDs and 1 -52HD over one of the frag tanks and the colors been real nice and the corals respond well.
What are your settings at for the ORs???

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back