My acro collection aka my obsession

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectacular sps, Brad, as usual. No kidding "take that WD". That Envy is unbelievable.

ephippl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful acros, just found this as well. Not up on all the abbreviations. Can you tell me what RRA and RRC stand for in your 2 different Poison Ivy pieces.
Thanks

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful acros, just found this as well. Not up on all the abbreviations. Can you tell me what RRA and RRC stand for in your 2 different Poison Ivy pieces.
Thanks

I'll need to check to see where I posted that as I only have one poison ivy and it is the Canada version -if I typed Asia somewhere that was a mistake

And yes as Rickyrooz noted

RRA= Reef Raft Asia
RRC= Reef Raft Canada

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of the same acros Ive photo'd earlier but its an easy tank to take pics out of. I picked a new lens today-Cannon EF50mmf/1.8 STM and playing around with it.
Photos taken under Blue T5

6-29-16.jpg

6-29-16-4.jpg
6-29-16-5.jpg
6-29-16-6.jpg
6-29-16-7.jpg
6-29-16-8.jpg
6-29-16-9.jpg
6-29-16-2.jpg

Its a work in progress-Dang newbie o_O

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Acro's man. Do you happen to have tank thread ?

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always looking good

Thanks bro, I hope all has been good!-
I got a few AD corals in the grow out phase I just actually moved over into the "main" frag tank/display system-I picked up a pink panther frag too from someone over at RC, seems to grow faster than other pieces I own, time will tell

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to have a photo tank built I think that I can move pieces into to take pics. My frag tanks range between 9-11 deep max and I can get far enough away with the new 50mm lens to get focus on some pieces and while the macro shots are nice it's good to have a shot of the whole piece.

I'm replacing the 2 sumps I'm presently running with one sump-it's 66x44x16 approx 165 gallons. While I do that I've toyed with the idea of adding an extra tru union that would allow me to do like a quick hook up of another tank that I can move pieces in so they can sit awhile and polyps extend for picks. It's no good moving a coral for a pic and it all close up.

I'll figure out something.

Thanks for all the comments and following everyone-LOTS more to photograph, just need to figure out HOW :confused:

maksim serebro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been answered, but I see few fish so are you feeding the corals directly and how? Thanks

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each frag tank has one yellow tang to eat any algae that may grow, I buy them small and when they get large I trade them in. I feed the fish daily some LRS
I don't feed the corals per se, I sporadically will dose ME polyp extender. I know the they could grow faster if they were fed, I took a superman table frag about 3-4" at the wide end and added it to my display when I replaced it about 8 months or so ago -it's now about 9" LOL ( it's pictured in here somewhere)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back