Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a frag

LOL- we discussed already ;)

Holy cow, what is that one? It's awsome. It reminds me of Battle corals rainbow bright.
Its a piece I got as a back for MattV and not sure he named it. He lost his original colony that he got and I believe outside of 2 frags sold this is it. Its better than the Sexy Corals OP, the RR OP and possibly the WD (IMO). My Disney is still to small to compare but as similar as they are this has a little more rainbow, but like I said, my WD is still small (but growing like crazy.)
For a cell pic, that's nearly spot on for what it looks like just a little more blue/purple in the axial corallites.

Regardless its nice IMO and getting better as it grows out :)

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, there is still so much more to photograph its just to difficult to get the camera I'm on the bottom frag tanks (3 of them) so I'll need to move the acros to get pictures.

I think the video I saw was on their web site but as the video played it started with a R2R banner so I'm sure it was on here. I've a very low nutrient system (not by trying LOL) so the video made sense to me.

I've used acropower for the last year at roughly 150 mils per week. The ME is 30 mls per week and I've dosed 4x, polyps are always out which is something that's always been touch and go in my tanks.

Time will tell but I bought 2-32oz and am very pleased so far.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even looking through the front of the tank the colors are better than a lot of these pics.

This photography thing is difficult :(:confused:

90% of these all have designer names- I post them up when I take a better pic and llok them up in "database" (LOL, we all have a database for our corals right), OK its a list :p

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to move some pieces around but it was worth it- I love this Battle corals piece!!

This one I still need to work on the picture its a cross between the RMF Gila Monster and the Flavor Parade orange hue to the body with yellow tips (much better than this T5 pic)

choco24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank build is "built" so to post there doesn't make sense so here I'll start a thread posting my acros. With 40 square feet of frag tanks full of sticks and then my display I figured its over due-nearly every single acro was grown from a frag and I don't view my tanks in 36K (or more -LOL) so here you'll just find true to life pics ;)

Thanks for looking

Frag Farmers Snowcone Prostrata

TBD

TBD-2

Ultimate Frags Ultimate Tri Color

Pro Corals Rainbow Delight

Reef Ready Grape Juice

same

What I bought as Shawn Bennett Yellow Tort

Daniks Smurf Goblin

Lots more to follow :)

Nice looking pieces

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy, good to see you're still growing nicely coloured SPS. They look great. What skimmer are you using on the system? And how many gallons is the overall system?

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy, good to see you're still growing nicely coloured SPS. They look great. What skimmer are you using on the system? And how many gallons is the overall system?

Thanks, I hope all has been well with you and your syytem! My tank(s) are really producing some great growth and color (knock on wood) compared to years past. I replaced the main tank a little over a year ago maybe I should have swapped out my sand occaisionally (which I now do). I wish I knew exactly why the better results, not that the old results were bad, but........

Anyway,

The skimmer is the SWC Extreme 250-1A (if I recall LOL) I got it used but it's a beast, I think the rating is 450 heavy bio load and 700 light. I replaced the askoll pump with a bubnle blaster 5000 and added Avast neck swabbie. I know this unit with the swabbie is what is keeping my nutrients so low which allows me to feed a ton and dose AA with little to zero issues (a little cyno occasionally)

I think the system is roughly 650 gallons with the 4 frag tanks plumb into my display.

Thanks for the popping in :)

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test 3.JPG

Almost threw this away last year-now its starting to get rather nice under my T5s

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just amazed by how happy and healthy your coral look. Color popping, and such great photos. Is that last picture Ultimate Rainbow Acro.

Thanks Mark! Its a mouthful, but its what I bought the piece as from RMF... Ultimate Frags Ultimate Rare Tri Color- Its better than the picture.

Its funny how certain corals I have will or have morphed over the years, some don't change but others change ever so slightly. My SC Orange Stik for instance has gotten so insanely orange its ridonkulous, I'm really happy on that. The Ult Rare posted above is another the tips have gotten so blue its crazy, I used to think it and the Vivid Rainbow delight were the same but as close as they are the colors are different, not the deep colors in the Vivid nor the blue tips.

Ive been experimenting with lighting as well. I now have one frag tank lit by 2 Hydra 26 HD and a Hydra52 HD ( a little over kill for a 40x20 tank LOL) and another I just added a 39" ATI 6 bulb over yesterday. I'm still an LED guy but the T5 fixture I had over my acans (since I sold them all-the mother of all collections) now lights my SPS QT system which has been producing colors that prompted me to buy another unit to run over my other frag tank that's plumbed into my display.

blah blah blah blah LOL

Thanks for following!

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vibrancy of your coral colors speak to how healthy and happy your tank is. Those beautiful blue tips on your ULT Rare Tri-color is fantastic. And I agree with you how corals do morph over time and again I think that tends to be a reflection of the health of the system and the uniqueness of each tank. It is pretty amazing to see your corals and how many of them are better looking than some of the original pictures provided by vendors. It is such a cool thing when a tank hits that sweet spot and growth and colors are so dramatic. You have one of those tanks that I aspire to and a joy to see your pictures.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back