OP
OP
Airwolf

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at 4 trochus in a 125 and with 2 urchins and a handful of hermits and it’s getting a bit out of control, might need another couple trochus they seem to do the best cleaning. Boiler up! Just went to campus today to buy the 4 year old a dress at the bookstore. I say boiler up and she finishes with hammer down, gets a lot of attention
My father-in-law is a HUGE Nebraska fan. One of the first things I taught my now 4 year old was “Boo Nebraska, Go Purdue”.

OP
OP
Airwolf

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, has it really been about 5 months since I have done an update? Well here it goes:

1) Had a cyano outbreak, landed up losing 3 of my 4 snail clean up crew. Outbreak was worse that I thought. I attempted to just go about the cleaning it out regularly route to let it run is course. After using chemiclean, I realized it was worst that I thought. (Water parameters are steady, NO3 is trace to undanceable with salifert test kits, and PO4 is .07 range with a Hanna checker) That lead to a GHA growth that I am currently dealing with. Add three more snails to the tank a few days ago to help with it. The trails are evident in the back wall picture. I feel that the bubble algae I have and the GHA are what is causing the low nitrate readings.

IMG_6545.jpeg

2. Full tank front shot:

IMG_6544.jpeg

4. Got some new corals form a live sale by Cherry Corals, have had great luck, so far all the corals in my tank are from them:
IMG_6541.jpeg
IMG_6540.jpeg
IMG_6542.jpeg
IMG_6543.jpeg

5. For some just miscellaneous updated, I added a coralife skimmer which seems to be working well, surprised at the amount of 'foam' it collects based on the varied reviews on line. Also added an air stone to the second chamber while doing the chemiclean treatmetns and haven't taken it out yet, extra aeration can't hurt right?

6. Finally have a falco hawkfish on order from a LFS, waiting for it to come in and go through their quarantine process.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep at it. It took me over four months to Get cyano under control. Not fun. Interesting enough it never went on my live rock, only the sand.

OP
OP
Airwolf

Airwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while. Tanks seems to be doing well. Getting some coralline die off. Have some test kits coming but I suspect I may need to start dosing with the added corals.

IMG_7021.jpeg
IMG_7023.jpeg
IMG_7024.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back