My Biocube 32 progression

chris17gable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone,
It’s been a pretty busy few weeks but I’m finally getting around to making a follow up thread and watch the progression of my tank build. Currently my tank is in the final stages of cycling. I’m hoping by the end of the week to add my first fish. I’m looking at getting a pair of clownfish to start. I wanna take the my time and not rush things. As impatient as I am I want to rush rush rush but since this is my first time ever I don’t want to do that.
A little bit about my tank right now, for equipment wise;
I have a:
- Hydor Aqamai KPS Wi-Fi Controllable Wavemaker Pump, 1050 GPH
- Lifegard Aquatics Turbo Reactor Nano Top Flow Media Reactor
- Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9001
- 100w Titanium Aquarium Heater System (came with the controller)
- I have 3 ways of checking temperature just to be safe with it being extremely hot and humid lately.
I've upgraded the return pump for a little more flow also.

That basically sums up my equipment. If anyone has any input in better equipment or something I should look into please let me know!

The only thing I have added to my water has been the MicroBacter7 and coralline pink and purple.

If you want to check out my most recent parametershttps://aquaticlog.com/aquariums/chris17gable/1

More updates are to follow. Here are a few pictures of the tank now a little boring now but hopefully by this weekend I should be good to add some fish!

Quick note... I just turned the lights on for the pictures they stay off.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back