• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My Buckeye 'Hydro' system;)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

Just wanted to say I really like your products! I've had this system for some time now. About 2 years before the name change actually;)

20180512_155552.jpg

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeow - that system is from years ago! FYI - When you need new housing orings we have those in stock. Looks like you have a carbon block in the DI resin housing?

Russ

OP
OP
MTBake

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I added a second carbon block and now use 2 stages of di resin. Works well. My incoming tds is 520-550. The ro stage brings it down to 9-12 and I get 0 after one resin stage. I do burn through resin quickly. Not sure why though. I'm thinking it could be high co2.

One other thing, what would I need to purchase to add on a pressure tank for ro drinking water? Can one pressure tank supply my fridge with water and a faucet at the sink?

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you change the plumbing such that the first carbon feeds the second carbon, and the second carbon feeds the RO? If not, then your second carbong is AFTER the RO membrane.

Our Add-On Drinking Water Kit will do just that.

Russ

OP
OP
MTBake

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did change the tubing around to accomdate the 2nd carbon block. The first carbon block feeds the second then it goes into the ro. The di is after the ro.

Thanks for the link! Just what I thought I needed.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back