My Chaeto is shrinking in volume

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past 10 days my Chaeto is shrinking in volume . I had a nice growth that was fluffy light and distributed by sixe , its now shrinking and heavy . It is not dying.

What could be the reason ?

My Ph is stable 8.2 to 8.1
My Ammonia is constant .007
Nitates 0
Alk 8
Calcium 413
Mag 1299

Any pointers to reviving its growth is greatly appreciated

Thanks

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go
Over the past 10 days my Chaeto is shrinking in volume . I had a nice growth that was fluffy light and distributed by sixe , its now shrinking and heavy . It is not dying.

What could be the reason ?

My Ph is stable 8.2 to 8.1
My Ammonia is constant .007
Nitates 0
Alk 8
Calcium 413
Mag 1299

Any pointers to reviving its growth is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Got any phosphate numbers? Might just be not enough nutrients. If there is not enough for it to grow hen it has been doing its job. There comes a point that it will neither grow nor dwindle and maintain as it uptakes the available nutrients.

teller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also come up with similar situation.
Now I am dosing small quantities of iron, 1 or 2 drops per 25g/ 100litres everyday.
Now my Chaeto is getting longer strings again.
In my case I had nitrates and phosphates available.
I also believe that if you feed nori consistently you may not need this iron dosing, but in my nano I don't feed any nori.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go

Got any phosphate numbers? Might just be not enough nutrients. If there is not enough for it to grow hen it has been doing its job. There comes a point that it will neither grow nor dwindle and maintain as it uptakes the available nutrients.
At .2 , again my chaeto is not dying , the volume is coming down . It also has thr usual detritus

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At .2 , again my chaeto is not dying , the volume is coming down . It also has thr usual detritus
I believe that you have reached stasis. This is good. Let it ride and don't do anything at this point. It is healthy. The parameters are good.

Back