My Chaeto is shrinking in volume

RajV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
104
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past 10 days my Chaeto is shrinking in volume . I had a nice growth that was fluffy light and distributed by sixe , its now shrinking and heavy . It is not dying.

What could be the reason ?

My Ph is stable 8.2 to 8.1
My Ammonia is constant .007
Nitates 0
Alk 8
Calcium 413
Mag 1299

Any pointers to reviving its growth is greatly appreciated

Thanks
 
Go
Over the past 10 days my Chaeto is shrinking in volume . I had a nice growth that was fluffy light and distributed by sixe , its now shrinking and heavy . It is not dying.

What could be the reason ?

My Ph is stable 8.2 to 8.1
My Ammonia is constant .007
Nitates 0
Alk 8
Calcium 413
Mag 1299

Any pointers to reviving its growth is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Got any phosphate numbers? Might just be not enough nutrients. If there is not enough for it to grow hen it has been doing its job. There comes a point that it will neither grow nor dwindle and maintain as it uptakes the available nutrients.
 
I also come up with similar situation.
Now I am dosing small quantities of iron, 1 or 2 drops per 25g/ 100litres everyday.
Now my Chaeto is getting longer strings again.
In my case I had nitrates and phosphates available.
I also believe that if you feed nori consistently you may not need this iron dosing, but in my nano I don't feed any nori.
 
Go

Got any phosphate numbers? Might just be not enough nutrients. If there is not enough for it to grow hen it has been doing its job. There comes a point that it will neither grow nor dwindle and maintain as it uptakes the available nutrients.
At .2 , again my chaeto is not dying , the volume is coming down . It also has thr usual detritus
 
At .2 , again my chaeto is not dying , the volume is coming down . It also has thr usual detritus
I believe that you have reached stasis. This is good. Let it ride and don't do anything at this point. It is healthy. The parameters are good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new