My cheap 125

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cat Fight Pie In Face GIF by smackaysmith

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's that time where I get an entry into a drawing for updating my build thread.

So the only update I really have is that I've started really getting into gonis and I finally got a torch, I'm a little late on the torch fad.

20220126_155019.jpg

20220206_171648.jpg

20220201_214244.jpg

Sorry the torch isn't very happy in the pic it was right after I added it to the tank.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I guess I'll update again for another giveaway....I finally added a foxface to my display tank after keeping it in qt for several months. I'm honestly not sure how long because I forgot when I bought it.
It's been in the display for around a week and it has finally settled in and isn't terrified when any other fish gets near it. My purple tang was initially aggressive towards it but even that seems to have stopped.
Today was the first day that I saw it aggressively eat with the other fish. Before today it would hide and only dart out of hiding to get a quick bite, but today it was the first to the top of the tank to get the food.
cookie-monster-om.gif

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok I guess I'll update again for another giveaway....I finally added a foxface to my display tank after keeping it in qt for several months. I'm honestly not sure how long because I forgot when I bought it.
It's been in the display for around a week and it has finally settled in and isn't terrified when any other fish gets near it. My purple tang was initially aggressive towards it but even that seems to have stopped.
Today was the first day that I saw it aggressively eat with the other fish. Before today it would hide and only dart out of hiding to get a quick bite, but today it was the first to the top of the tank to get the food.
cookie-monster-om.gif
I'm considering a Gold Lined Rabbitfish. I don't think my tank is big enough for 2 tangs and I have a Tomini. I can basically get a Gold Lined Rabbitfish for free if I pay shipping ($35).
calculating the hangover GIF

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering a Gold Lined Rabbitfish. I don't think my tank is big enough for 2 tangs and I have a Tomini. I can basically get a Gold Lined Rabbitfish for free if I pay shipping ($35).
Be aware that rabbitfish and tangs are very closely related and that even bristletooths can be territorial. And the goldlines get BIG (over a foot) so if you don't have room for another tang, you might not have room for a rabbit either.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That gift card you had from algea barn? I like some of the rabbitfish but I was always afraid of them nipping at corals. There is a chance with the foxface too, but from what I understand if well fed it's a fairly low risk.

ETA- wait the gift card was Biota wasn't it?

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow the Gold Lined rabbit fish is on sale for $38, I couldn't even buy one from a local pet store for that price. Still not worth the risk IMO, and besides I can't anyway because I've added the foxface.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That gift card you had from algea barn? I like some of the rabbitfish but I was always afraid of them nipping at corals. There is a chance with the foxface too, but from what I understand if well fed it's a fairly low risk.

ETA- wait the gift card was Biota wasn't it?
Yes.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never considered seriously getting one, but I didn't even realize any rabbitfish got that big.
I didn't know they got that big either but it's right on the biota/ABarn website...
Size and Care Requirements:
Purchase Size: ~1-4" (length).
Max Size: 17″ (length).

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back